Red Rocket Trifecta?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Just reading the piece on Connor Mayes (fingers crossed because as good a get as Alex Mayes is, I think Connor is a potential NFL'er. Watch his film, it's sick.) & noticed he's a red-head. It'd be cool to see Connor Mayes snap the ball to Max Shortell who in turn passes to Max Williams. Boom!

It works in theory, but I don't know that Shortell is going to have plans to stick around. If he finds the right offense, he's a starter from the get-go. The Pistol is not his friend. I think he's a good QB and throws a good ball, but there might be a better fit for him.

It works in theory, but I don't know that Shortell is going to have plans to stick around. If he finds the right offense, he's a starter from the get-go. The Pistol is not his friend. I think he's a good QB and throws a good ball, but there might be a better fit for him.

Ya, Shortell is not going to accept being a career back up here at the U. He can start in other D1 programs. He should take that opportunity.

Just reading the piece on Connor Mayes (fingers crossed because as good a get as Alex Mayes is, I think Connor is a potential NFL'er. Watch his film, it's sick.) & noticed he's a red-head. It'd be cool to see Connor Mayes snap the ball to Max Shortell who in turn passes to Max Williams. Boom!

Any chance Conner would change his name to Max?

Ya, Shortell is not going to accept being a career back up here at the U. He can start in other D1 programs. He should take that opportunity.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Are you saying anyone who's not a starter should/will transfer? If so, it shows just how bush-league we are because that's not how it works at big-time schools. Good teams have depth at all positions. Kill recruited Max at NIU before he came to the U & seemed to think he could handle the offense at that time. Shortell's got a lot of ball left to play & things happen. Nelson could be out of football permanently on any given snap. Nelson could be out for the rest of the season on any given snap. Nelson could have grade issues, a run-in with the law, etc. etc.

Top Bottom