Recruits

tap

Reaction score
It sounds like according to the GI headlines that current Gopher recruits are liking Coach Kill and are anxious to meet with him. Thats good news for us former doubters and his recruiting abilities!

god i hope not, a niu recuit is not the same as a big 10 recruit

so you are saying that there isnt one player on NIU that could play at the U. that is nuts. they have lots of players that would do well here. did you see them play in Sept? There are lots of players in smaller schools that can play big time college football. look at all of the small school players in the NFL. your logic would say that only BSC conference teams will produce NFL players.

Right now NIU only has 5 commits. They are going after a couple players I'd maybe want pass rushing DE Demetrious Hill, the DT C.J. Robbins, and the RB Dante' Butler look like ok prospects.

Sounds like we are going to lose M Vann?? He was a nice LB prospect out of Ohio. Not sure if its final.

With the violent video games today's youth play habitually, how can kids today not want to play for a coach named "Kill"?

This is gonna be fun.

so you are saying that there isnt one player on NIU that could play at the U. that is nuts. they have lots of players that would do well here. did you see them play in Sept? There are lots of players in smaller schools that can play big time college football. look at all of the small school players in the NFL. your logic would say that only BSC conference teams will produce NFL players.

no where in my post did i mention anything that bcs schools only can produce nfl players.... if thats how you read my post you are an idiot... if you want to win consistantly in the b10 you need recruits rated higher than 1 and 2 star prospects.. i know stars dont matter but in the b10 you need better atheletes and players.... theres a reason the mac recruits are not pursued by bigger schools.... you my friend have no clue as to what the difference is between a mac school and a b10 school.... we didnt lose to niu because niu had better players... we lost because we had a coach who didnt know how to coach.......

no where in my post did i mention anything that bcs schools only can produce nfl players.... if thats how you read my post you are an idiot... if you want to win consistantly in the b10 you need recruits rated higher than 1 and 2 star prospects.. i know stars dont matter but in the b10 you need better atheletes and players.... theres a reason the mac recruits are not pursued by bigger schools.... you my friend have no clue as to what the difference is between a mac school and a b10 school.... we didnt lose to niu because niu had better players... we lost because we had a coach who didnt know how to coach.......

Wow, not a great start to your GopherHole career.

Sounds like we are going to lose M Vann?? He was a nice LB prospect out of Ohio. Not sure if its final.

I saw that per MV's tweet, haven't read about it anywhere else though. Not saying I don't believe MV, just not sure what Vann's deal is. Sounds like Westerhaus, Tufts, and Shortell are going to stick to their commitments per Rivals.

Commits to look at

These are guys that Kill offered at NIU that committed elsewhere and may change if MN is the offer.

Illinois-
Ted Karras OL from Indiana
Tyler Marcordes Ath. from IL
Scott McDowell OL from IL

Wis-
James Adeyanju LB from IL
Derek Landisch LB from WI
Tyler Marz OL from MN (Not Offered by Kill, but might want to call him back)

Iowa
Jordan Walsh 4* OL from IL. (Not offered by Kill, but might want to call)

Right now NIU only has 5 commits. They are going after a couple players I'd maybe want pass rushing DE Demetrious Hill, the DT C.J. Robbins, and the RB Dante' Butler look like ok prospects.

Actually only 4, apparently the TE decommitted after Kill left.

I think it was more related to your lack of sentence structure, punctuation, capitilization, etc. to go along with you showing that you have thin skin.

ehhh i use simple chat room txt format when posting.... i dont see how that response makes me have thin skin, but meh- to each their own... however back to the recruiting!!!!

So, how will Kill evaluate who he has in the stable and who he needs right now? He has to get out on the recruiting trail pretty soon, right?

It sounds like according to the GI headlines that current Gopher recruits are liking Coach Kill and are anxious to meet with him. Thats good news for us former doubters and his recruiting abilities!

Where else are most of them going to go?

I know he mentioned something yesterday about the team lacking depth as a whole. He also said a defense starts with good pass rushing DE's and good DB's. Probably the two worse spots on our defense this past year. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I wouldn't mind him grabbing that Wisconsin OL Bush who is signed with NIU right now.

These are guys that Kill offered at NIU that committed elsewhere and may change if MN is the offer.

Illinois-
Ted Karras OL from Indiana
Tyler Marcordes Ath. from IL
Scott McDowell OL from IL

Wis-
James Adeyanju LB from IL
Derek Landisch LB from WI
Tyler Marz OL from MN (Not Offered by Kill, but might want to call him back)

Iowa
Jordan Walsh 4* OL from IL. (Not offered by Kill, but might want to call)

IALTO!

Look for some JC guys possibly. Kill's assistant coaches were mentioned to have some Big ties to the JC schools in Kansas and Missouri. Many of them used to coach in that JC league.

I have just been assuming we'll hang onto Tommy O. and the Mcavoy twins, but does anyone know if they are the kind of lineman Kill's offense uses? We were just starting to really get some massive boys in on our line...

I may be an idiot, I have been called worse. I am just saying that many of the players recuited by the MAC and smaller schools would play in the big 10. there is not that big of gap between players in the MAC and the big 10. Granted the Big 10 has a lot more quality players, but there are very good players in the MAC. So Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Turner couldnt have played in the Big 10? NIU's running back, Chad Spann, would have been the starter here, no doubt in my mind. The MAC isnt the MIAC. to say that you can not have any players that have been recruited to MAC schools in the big 10 is very short sighted.

I have just been assuming we'll hang onto Tommy O. and the Mcavoy twins, but does anyone know if they are the kind of lineman Kill's offense uses? We were just starting to really get some massive boys in on our line...

I believe they are. NIU Line is all over 6'4" and taller and over 300 lbs.

I may be an idiot, I have been called worse. I am just saying that many of the players recuited by the MAC and smaller schools would play in the big 10. there is not that big of gap between players in the MAC and the big 10. Granted the Big 10 has a lot more quality players, but there are very good players in the MAC. So Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Turner couldnt have played in the Big 10? NIU's running back, Chad Spann, would have been the starter here, no doubt in my mind. The MAC isnt the MIAC. to say that you can not have any players that have been recruited to MAC schools in the big 10 is very short sighted.

I agree. The MAC is on Par with the Big East, MWC, and Conference USA. Hell the MAC 5th place team beat the Big East Champ this year.

I believe they are. NIU Line is all over 6'4" and taller and over 300 lbs.

Thanks, I was just thinking about it and had a moment of fear we would switch back to a zone blocking scheme or something, and our current Oline, and incoming commits wouldn't be a good fit.

There are good players in the MAC, but if coaches had a choice, they would probably prefer a Big Ten recruiting class over a MAC recruiting class. A lot of what makes these players good is good coaching. Besides, who is there to take? NIU only has a few recruits, MAC teams tend to get recruits late in the cycle, getting those who couldn't get BCS offers.

Add Brandon Jacobs, coached by Jerry Kill, at Southern Illinois to that list. The schools a recruit is offered by doesn't ALWAYS equate to how good he is or will be. Especially with the right coaching :clap:

Top Bottom