Recruiting...

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
per 247
-Sam Maresh holds 2 scholarships - Arizona and Iowa St. - is Kill going after him at all?
-RB David Smith no longer is interested in us.
-old news- but Andre's favorite is Iowa per both Rivals and 247
-Whatever happened to the Gophers being in Robert Gregory's favorites? Iowa, Arkansas, and Eastern Michigan:confused::confused::confused: are his top 3
- We dropped out of the race for Tevin Coleman too. Georgia Tech, Iowa, and Indiana are his favorites

Maresh is sort of interesting. We do seem to have some ILB that we really like who will be on the team next season (Beal and Grant) and it sounds like Bauducco has been pretty impressive (will likely be a RS FR next season).

I know Kill doesn't love playing a bunch of young guys and I guess it wouldn't shock me to see him go after Maresh to split time with Beal and then Grant (in 2013).

Maresh is talented and he has supposedly looked really good in JuCo. So either way, i'd be cool with.

-I am certain Andre ends up in Iowa (no inside info). It just seems that reading between the lines it makes the most sense. He has awkwardly talked about Iowa's reputation with putting WRs in the NFL (not true). He changed his mind when tOSU came calling, yet added Iowa to the list of people. It just seemed like Iowa was always in the running, for no reason (unless he really liked them). I hope i'm wrong.

Bauducco is playing DE, and is too light and too inexperienced to be making an impression at this point.

I read somewhere that Bauducco was making an impression. It was some article posted in here that talked about Bauducco looking good. It didn't say anything about him switching positions but it definitely makes sense. I'll look for that article, I think it was one posted by Bleed.

Correction: It was on the last Sports Huddle recap (8-21). I didn't listen to it but according to the recap, Bauducco was making an impression at LB.

So I don't know.

I read somewhere that Bauducco was making an impression. It was some article posted in here that talked about Bauducco looking good. It didn't say anything about him switching positions but it definitely makes sense. I'll look for that article, I think it was one posted by Bleed.
Correction: It was on the last Sports Huddle recap (8-21). I didn't listen to it but according to the recap, Bauducco was making an impression at LB.

So I don't know.

You always know what you're talking about, so I will not say you are wrong, but the last few days I was at practice he was drilling with the DLs, and was a lot smaller than most of them.

One last point, in watching the freshmen RBs (all four of them), I now think we have more talent at that position going forward than I thought we did, if they can stay healthy. I see no need to take another back this year unless one that fills a big need really well is available. I am not sure any of the guys listed above is a better candidate than the guys we have.

Top Bottom