Recruiting-- What he said.

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like this news.... but um.... I mean, a team just doesn't up and jump Alabama, Texas.... in recruiting etc.

Well, other than Ole Miss, and I keep expecting an NCAA investigation into that.

They gave Steven Richardson a 2.6 score so there is a credibility issue IMO.

I don't know very much about how the metrics (spell?) work so I would be interested to know how you came to your conclusion. Richardson is clearly very strong but I suspect that he is not that fast so I am not sure if you are saying that his number is too low or too high. I do suspect that the rating system gives a high premium to speed which may be a flaw in rating defensive lineman.

In my mind, this just confirms what the coaches have been saying. They are recruiting speed and length, things that can't be taught. Look at the difference between our star ratings and the other schools on that list. Just means that we're taking players that could be coached into very good players because they already have the necessary speed/length. The other schools on that list get the more polished players that also have the speed/length necessary.

I don't know very much about how the metrics (spell?) work so I would be interested to know how you came to your conclusion. Richardson is clearly very strong but I suspect that he is not that fast so I am not sure if you are saying that his number is too low or too high. I do suspect that the rating system gives a high premium to speed which may be a flaw in rating defensive lineman.

As far as speed it's been reported that Richardson ran 4.6 40 in high school. While I'm sure that's an exaggeration, it is an indication that he is one of the fastest players on the D line. He's very quick. I also believe there was some talk of possibly putting him in at FB in goal line situations when he first got here. Speed measurables should enhance his score. He's a stud in the weight room with a 455 max bench and 585 max squat according to Rivals http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Steven-Richardson-147971.

By comparison, the site gave Stelter a 5.0 score even though reported speed and power measurables fall short of Richardson's. The only explanation for the discrepancy that I can come up with is that it shows Stelter excelling at shotput and discus in hs track while Richardson did not. The site seems to put an emphasis on track and field performance in its calculations. It's ludicrous to watch these two on the field and conclude that Stelter is a significantly better athlete. IMO Richardson is the better athlete. It seems liked flawed data is used to compile the scores.

BTW: The content is in a free section of the site for anyone who wants to register and check it out.

As far as speed it's been reported that Richardson ran 4.6 40 in high school. While I'm sure that's an exaggeration, it is an indication that he is one of the fastest players on the D line. He's very quick. I also believe there was some talk of possibly putting him in at FB in goal line situations when he first got here. Speed measurables should enhance his score. He's a stud in the weight room with a 455 max bench and 585 max squat according to Rivals http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Steven-Richardson-147971.

By comparison, the site gave Stelter a 5.0 score even though reported speed and power measurables fall short of Richardson's. The only explanation for the discrepancy that I can come up with is that it shows Stelter excelling at shotput and discus in hs track while Richardson did not. The site seems to put an emphasis on track and field performance in its calculations. It's ludicrous to watch these two on the field and conclude that Stelter is a significantly better athlete. IMO Richardson is the better athlete. It seems liked flawed data is used to compile the scores.

BTW: The content is in a free section of the site for anyone who wants to register and check it out.

Thanks for all the information, especially the links. Great post!:clap:

Top Bottom