Recruiting The Final 6 Tenders

nsmike

Reaction score
We have 22 commits out of our allotted 28 tenders (25 plus 3 over). Who, do you think, have unconditional offers? Who has a conditional offer? and who's on the list for left overs if any?
A Uncconditional
OT Seantreal Henderson
RB Dontae Williams
B Conditional (first caller)
DT Beau Allen or Richard Ash
DE Tobi Okuyemi or Nduka Onyeali
B Conditional (after plan A)
OT Rozelle Gayden
RB Devon Wright
As you can see I account for four of the six tenders who do you think has the other two?

We have 22 commits out of our allotted 28 tenders (25 plus 3 over). Who, do you think, have unconditional offers? Who has a conditional offer? and who's on the list for left overs if any?
A Uncconditional
OT Seantreal Henderson
RB Dontae Williams
B Conditional (first caller)
DT Beau Allen or Richard Ash
DE Tobi Okuyemi or Nduka Onyeali
B Conditional (after plan A)
OT Rozelle Gayden
RB Devon Wright
As you can see I account for four of the six tenders who do you think has the other two?

Campion and Searcy.

I was going to say, our gray shirts might be using up a couple spots.

The Gray Shirts count towards last year thats were the number 30 comes from when people talk about how many scholarships we have.

You can have a max of 25 initial counters per year (as long as you don't exceded total count of 85), and since we didn't fill all 25 spots last year, if we can get some recruits enrolled this December they can count towards this year still and leave additional openings for 2010 class.

we had 17 new recruits count towards this years academic count (20 minus Lipscomb, Searcy, and Campion). Plus we added some scholarships to former walk-ons (they can either count as an initial counter for current year or the next year). I don't know for sure, but my guess is that any walk ons that were given scholarships in 2008 may have been an initial counter in '09 (since we had a full class in '08), which would add to the 17. I would also assume that any walk-ons given scholarships this year would also be an initial counter in '09 (and also be added to the 17) since we had the openings and wouldn't want to limit our '10 class. You also have to consider Gray, Maresh, and Reeve's may have been initial counter for '09 as well (recruited players enrolling after 1st term can count towards the current academic year, or the following year if all 25 were already filled).

With that said, I believe we would still have some spots open to get a couple of our recruits enrolled early to count as an initial counter towards this acadmic year. Christyn Lewis is one. Depending on the # of initial counters for this academic year, it may also be possible to have Campion and Searcy count towards these numbers as well (unfortunately we don't know which year our walk ons and last years gray shirts counted towards exactly or else this would be easier to figure out).

Worst case scenario - all 22 current commits will be initial counters toward next academic year + gray shirts Campion and Searcy (no matter if they enroll early or not), meaning we only have 1 open spot left for our 2010 recruiting class plus over signings

Best case scenario - Christyn Lewis, Campion and Searcy early enroll and they can count towards this year's academic year, meaning we would have 4 open spots left plus over signings. Since we were so far under last year, I think this is doable but like I said, it just depends on the numbers.

And for example: let's say Lewis enrolls early and counts towards this year, but Campion and Searcy count for next year. That would mean we are at 23. If we get 5 more commits to put us at 28 and assuming they all were to sign and qualify we would need to rely on 3 of them to gray shirt.

Link to Official rulebook if anyone wants to take a look:
http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/D1_Manual9d74a0b2-d10d-4587-8902-b0c781e128ae.pdf

I don't think so. That's the whole idea of the gray shirt. Because they don't begin school until January it pushes their start date back a year. It pushes the recruiting number off to the next year. It's now the next year.

Maybe Grunk could chime in with the details. But I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

campion and searcy count for this year

we have 4 left to get

I did some reading of the rules; scholarships for walkons awarded after two years don't count toward the initial qualifier number. In other words they only count toward the 85 scholarship total. If a qualifier leaves the program that scholarship can be awarded as a replacement scholarship. So if some one like Broderick leaves, his scholarship can be awarded to a walkon, without affecting the number of available initial qualifier scholarships. I'm willing to bet that scholarships awarded to walkons are managed so that they never affect the initial qualifier cap.

You can cross Okuyemi off that list. He is not coming here. I haven't heard Gayden has much interest in returning here either.

I think we get two off the list maybe three at best meaning we'll have 1 or 2 left over scholarships so I wouldn't dismiss any recruits just yet.

Top Bottom