Recruiting Concerns

Back to recruiting. Is the early signing date still in December. I would really like to get this class signed. One less thing to worry about.

People are moving out of the city of Minneapolis. Its not a great outlook. People in my neighborhood wont even go into MPLS.
Yes, and those homes are being purchased by people moving into the city of Minneapolis.

Yes, and those homes are being purchased by people moving into the city of Minneapolis.
Yes. In particular, folks who have decided that in pandemic times, and indefinitely moving forward, paying $250 per 100sqft per month for an apartment in Uptown or Downtown Mpls isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Dumbest take ever. There are 100K people in Rochester. The U wouldn’t be anywhere near what it is in a town that small. It would be better to have it in the suburbs and away from all that $hit in Minneapolis. Minneapolis is well on it’s way to becoming the $hithole the City Council and Mayor have longed for. If you don’t think the unrest has anything to do with recruiting then your head is so far up your a$$ you can’t see it.

-added to list of people who are terrified of cities and spend no time downtown-

Yes. In particular, folks who have decided that in pandemic times, and indefinitely moving forward, paying $250 per 100sqft per month for an apartment in Uptown or Downtown Mpls isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If there wasn't some desire to do that... the price never would have reached that point.

So many folks who spend no time in the city / so much pearl clutching about what they imagine it is like ....

Dumbest take ever. There are 100K people in Rochester. The U wouldn’t be anywhere near what it is in a town that small. It would be better to have it in the suburbs and away from all that $hit in Minneapolis. Minneapolis is well on it’s way to becoming the $hithole the City Council and Mayor have longed for. If you don’t think the unrest has anything to do with recruiting then your head is so far up your a$$ you can’t see it.
Wisconsin and Michigan are two the largest, highest rated public research universities in the country. Both well above the U (sorry, but it is true). Their respective town populations are 250k and 120k.

Rochester might've grown up to be something like Madison, if it had the main U campus and been the capital, again as I said.

A 10 second Google search reveals that half of the B1G schools are in cities <100K. If Rochester had the main UMN campus the city would be bigger and more diverse/diversified than it is now, and no reason the U couldn’t be as strong as it is now, just like 100K college town counterparts UMich, Illinois, etc. On the contrary, would it have been better for flagship state U’s to be in Detroit, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, etc.?
Exactly

If there wasn't some desire to do that... the price never would have reached that point.

So many folks who spend no time in the city / so much pearl clutching about what they imagine it is like ....
Of course.

Mind you I was replying to say that such people often look for starter homes still in the city (or first ring suburbs, but even harder to find there). They're hard to come buy and get snatched up instantly, often above asking. Having a bit of room and maybe a small yard, is quite a nice thing, compared to being sealed in a box with common amenities that are largely turned off.

Again, my comments have to do with how things have changed with the pandemic.

Maybe they'll go right back to how they were, once the vaccines come through in the first half of next year (as they will). But don't know, at the moment.

Even with how bad Michigan is doing they have two highly rated CB #3 / #7 overall players interested and wanting to go to Michigan, even after their loss to Wisky. I think with our poor showing this year, fleck will continue to recruit at s high level and bring in better depth that we are clearly clearly lacking after we lost 7 guys

Back to recruiting. Is the early signing date still in December. I would really like to get this class signed. One less thing to worry about.
December 16th to 18th. We currently have 16 commitments and rank about 7th in the Big Ten. That's 4th in the West.

~I expect them all to change their minds by signing day, however, because most kids commit in knee jerk reactions, not having built relationships with coaches.~ sarcasm

Even with how bad Michigan is doing they have two highly rated CB #3 / #7 overall players interested and wanting to go to Michigan, even after their loss to Wisky. I think with our poor showing this year, fleck will continue to recruit at s high level and bring in better depth that we are clearly clearly lacking after we lost 7 guys
Until khaki gets fired and they hire PJ to coach in Ann Arbor.

Until khaki gets fired and they hire PJ to coach in Ann Arbor.

First part of your sentence could happen....not so sure the fanbase would be real interested in the second part based on how the game went this year.... :)

Wisconsin and Michigan are two the largest, highest rated public research universities in the country. Both well above the U (sorry, but it is true). Their respective town populations are 250k and 120k.

Rochester might've grown up to be something like Madison, if it had the main U campus and been the capital, again as I said.
To compare Ann Arbor Michigan which is essentially a suburb of Detroit to Rochester is ridiculous

edit:
I’m not saying any of your discussion points were wrong

I’m just saying if Rochester was a 35 minute drive from Minneapolis it would be totally different than being a 90 minute drive

To compare Ann Arbor Michigan which is essentially a suburb of Detroit to Rochester is ridiculous

edit:
I’m not saying any of your discussion points were wrong

I’m just saying if Rochester was a 35 minute drive from Minneapolis it would be totally different than being a 90 minute drive
44-45mi from Detroit to Ann Arbor. That's Minneapolis to Northfield. Not a suburb by any definition of the word.

Half the distance/time as driving to Rochester, sure.

90 mi would be Detroit to Lansing, MI. How about that, then? That's the Mich capital. And East Lansing, right next door, is where Michigan State is located. Lansing population 118k, East Lansing 48k. Combined and with other surrounding communities, probably very similar to Madison then.

44-45mi from Detroit to Ann Arbor. That's Minneapolis to Northfield. Not a suburb by any definition of the word.

Half the distance/time as driving to Rochester, sure.

90 mi would be Detroit to Lansing, MI. How about that, then? That's the Mich capital. And East Lansing, right next door, is where Michigan State is located. Lansing population 118k, East Lansing 48k. Combined and with other surrounding communities, probably very similar to Madison then.
Have you been to Ann Arbor?
Ann Arbor would be like if the U of M was in St Michael.
Not northfield. But sure

Have you been to Ann Arbor?
Ann Arbor would be like if the U of M was in St Michael.
Not northfield. But sure
Sorry, but your gut feeling is factually wrong. 30mi to St Michael from Mpls. Going NW on 94, Ann Arbor would be equivalent to going out somewhere between Monticello and Clearwater.

Not a suburb.

Top Bottom