Recruiting Class Predictions Take 2

Izatys98

Reaction score
With the turmoil - real or carefully conceived - we've had this past week, I'd like to reopen this discussion. It would seem to be more relevant today than when I first asked the question a week or so ago...

What are the predictions on the board as to where this class ranks both nationally and relative to the rest of the B10? For simplicity sake, I'll suggest we use one service, Rivals, as the metric.

Lots of variables but would also be interesting to know where these rankings need to be in the minds of the various factions here as to what would be a success and what would be less than acceptable. As of today, I believe we're ranked 37th nationally and 6th in the B10 on Rivals.

This thread could be used much the same as the season record prediction thread has been used to gauge the "I said, they said" BS factor after the ink has dried on the commitments...

I would suggest that the "how's Brewster's classes compare to Mason's classes" argument has been beaten to death and we don't need to rehash it again. Let's focus on what this class means to us moving forward versus how it stacks up against our historical average.

Thanks to the handful of people who put in their two cents worth previously.

Losing Huff hurt. The others wouldn't have mattered as they'd be replaced by another kid ranked about the same. We'll be lucky to get back to 35 unless we get a highly ranked surprise to replace Huff. Still Ok, but not what could have been.

I'm not optimistic. The way Maturi is handling this situation is going to give lots of ammo to those Brewster is competing with for uncommitted recruits as well as those seeking to pick off recruits who have verbally committed to Minnesota.

There needs to be some resolution as soon as possible with this Maturi/Brewster nonsense. If you were Chris Hawkins parents, could you blame them for trying to talk their kid out of going to the U now. Additionally, Seantrel and Beau Allen would be walking into a potential mess. Especially if you are Seantrel, how unappealing would this entire mess be? I mean the kid is probably thinking he will be in college 3-4 years, and he goes to the U and then he would have to play through a couple more transition years, I would steer clear if I were him.

I think our recruiting finishes in the 40's and we won't lose a ton of other recruits. Brew seems to make a pretty good connection with these kids, so I'd imagine most of them will be loyal.

I think about recruiting now and it gives me a crappy feeling.

me too. i still like the kids that are committed but im not very optimistic about the future recruits for the rest of this year. hopefully im wrong

Top Bottom