Recruiting Calendar

nsmike

Reaction score
Recruiting will be one of the main topics on this board until the start of pre fall camp. The period from Aug. 1 to Nov. 28 is an evaluation period with a contact period from Nov. 28th to Jan 30th. I'm assuming that commitments will slow down almost to a stop after Aug 1st and not pick up again until official visits start Sept 11th. The limited contact coaches can have during the evaluation period and start of pre fall camp work against much recruiting. What do you see as a realistic number of commitments by Aug 1 and Nov 28. I'm thinking 10 to 12 by Aug 1st and 5 to 8 more by Nov 28th.

I'm thinking the heck with putting a number on it. If we say 5-10-15 or whatever, we may be very disappointed and then the threads will flow negatively. Let the chips fall the way they do. The same 15 recruits that could have committed now, may commit later. Lets take them when they come and not get hung up on numbers. I do see where you're coming from though.

I'm thinking the heck with putting a number on it. If we say 5-10-15 or whatever, we may be very disappointed and then the threads will flow negatively. Let the chips fall the way they do. The same 15 recruits that could have committed now, may commit later. Lets take them when they come and not get hung up on numbers. I do see where you're coming from though.

The negative posts will come anyway, when people see that other schools have x, and we only have y. Currently we have 21 scholarships to give meaning we can sign 24. Actually not having a whole lot of commitments may mean we're in on some elite prospects which is why the numbers are fairly low. We currently have 5 and usually add 3 or 4 after camp so I think we're right were we should be.

If it's any help, by this date we had four commits in the 2008 class, six in the 2009 class, and four in the 2010 class.

Top Bottom