Rebuilding job

gophervet

Reaction score
So we are obviously in a rebuilding job- that is an understatement. But why did Alvarez, Fry, Kill at (S. Ill) etc, have 1-11 teams in their first year. Its is due to the overall lack of talent and depth on the lines and overall lack of depth everywhere. You can't just pick up OL/DL and plug them in from day 1 and fix things like you can do at a lot of skill positions. All those programs took time because the game is one in the trenches. Mason proved that a very good OL will take you to a bowl game consistently. We do not have that at all, and couple that will our terrible DL; thats how a bad team is born. We have a lot of lineman that are raw, with more raw talented lineman coming in this year. The OL has the pieces but time and coaching is what it needs, and I think we need to realize that although everyone these days requires instant gratification, we cannot get that at the OL/DL spots. It just doesn't happen unless your getting Jadeveon Clowney or top 10 players (who still take a little time on the lines). We will take tons of bumps due to this but Olson's, McAvoy, Gjere, Shaft, Pirsig, etc have talent but they need time.

I hate losing more than anything in the world. I especially hate losing to dog crap teams, but I played CFB and I understand that you cannot build lines in a day. It just does not happen. There is a reason why there is a progression of 1-10, 4-7, 7-4, 10-1 in true rebuilding projects----growth and coaching.

So moving on, we need to develop young players. We need patience, because no we could not have brought in any coach in the history of the free world and brought this team to the 9 or 10 wins after the last four years.

Top Bottom