Ray Macullum

akoch6767

Reaction score
I just noticed this guy has put the gophers on his list..and he is still undecided...what are our odds of landing him?

He probably sees a lot of PT, his buddy Ziegler should take note too. They'd both start.

0.42% chance.

Ray McCallum (not Macullum) has not just put us on his list.. we were involved in the past, but we are not 'on his list'. (although if you're looking on the internet, you can probably find a lot of sites that show Minnesota associated with him). In another thread on this site, I had said:

Gopher Warrior said:
A couple others out there [point guards] that are top notch guys include...Ray McCallum (Gophers had offered him, but he is down to Arizona, UCLA, Florida and Detroit).

Good player, but that ship has probably sailed long ago.

Sid had printed that he commited to Detroit to play for his Dad, but I don't think it's final yet:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12520

He did have interest in the Gophers, but not enough to visit here:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1108

Sid's comments = dribble. He didn't commit to Detroit Mercy ... it's not an issue of 'it's just not final yet'. The list I provided is reality, and his dad's team still remains a possibility, but he most definitely did not commit to Detroit Mercy.

(btw, committed vs. commited)

Also, Zeigler (vs. Ziegler) aka Trey Zeigler... is also the son of a coach like Ray... Duke is checking him out and he's got some high offer majors, but not sure how his deal will turn out... nonetheless, Minnesota is not in that discussion.

I'm struggling to think of anything more annoying than you correcting every tiny error. Are you an aspiring English teacher practicing your ruthless grading?

I'm struggling to think of anything more annoying than you correcting every tiny error. Are you an aspiring English teacher practicing your ruthless grading?

You're right. What's so good about being correct? What is it with those people that notice when you do something wrong? Stop judging me! I have a right to be stupid and careless! When I write orders for customers... when I'm out looking for a new job... everyday, in the REAL WORLD, nobody cares who can spell, as compared to someone who has spelling skills of an idiot. So dang it why should we on Gopher Hole? Let's embrace our shortcomings! Be it a poor education.. or just that we're not very bright. It doesn't matter.

And, yeah.. the Gophers made some bad plays here and there today. But, c'mon... we can't really criticize any of it. What do you expect? Everyone makes errors. Let's support everything! "It's all good", right? I'm sure no one in the 'REAL WORLD' cares about spelling. No one makes judgments about people who can't figure out third grade grammar in the real world. So, yeah, I can see why you are so 'annoyed'. Sorry, I messed up. For a moment or two, I thought being correct and/or good at something was... correct and good.

At any rate: Sid's nunsinz was juz dat - compelete bs, dat boy not comited to his dad team, he still tryna figa out what the dealy. we not gon git him but he gone git it in somewear.

Sid's comments = dribble. He didn't commit to Detroit Mercy ... it's not an issue of 'it's just not final yet'. The list I provided is reality, and his dad's team still remains a possibility, but he most definitely did not commit to Detroit Mercy.

(btw, committed vs. commited)

BTW, drivel vs. dribble.

BTW, drivel vs. dribble.

I'm glad someone caught it - in all honestly, I wrote that intentionally. Two reasons:

1) Visions of Sid dribbling down food from his face while speaking, literally... and
2) I was hoping someone would know the difference and the common usage of 'drivel'. Both because I wanted my faith in humanity restored by someone reading on here quickly noticing it and of course there is the hypocrisy play.

When most people speak nonsense, I agree - it's drivel. When Sid speaks, it's often both drivel and dribble.

You're right. What's so good about being correct? What is it with those people that notice when you do something wrong? Stop judging me! I have a right to be stupid and careless! When I write orders for customers... when I'm out looking for a new job... everyday, in the REAL WORLD, nobody cares who can spell, as compared to someone who has spelling skills of an idiot. So dang it why should we on Gopher Hole? Let's embrace our shortcomings! Be it a poor education.. or just that we're not very bright. It doesn't matter.

And, yeah.. the Gophers made some bad plays here and there today. But, c'mon... we can't really criticize any of it. What do you expect? Everyone makes errors. Let's support everything! "It's all good", right? I'm sure no one in the 'REAL WORLD' cares about spelling. No one makes judgments about people who can't figure out third grade grammar in the real world. So, yeah, I can see why you are so 'annoyed'. Sorry, I messed up. For a moment or two, I thought being correct and/or good at something was... correct and good.

At any rate: Sid's nunsinz was juz dat - compelete bs, dat boy not comited to his dad team, he still tryna figa out what the dealy. we not gon git him but he gone git it in somewear.

1. WTF does an argument over spelling have to do with today's sorry showing? Please explain.

2. I agree that spelling should be more heavily considered by some on this board, but certainly not all. And I wouldn't count GopherLady and several others in that bin. I would simply attribute it to missing a letter every once in awhile.

GW

GW,

Nice little rant. I do like a good rant. :clap::clap::clap:

In the spirit of your post I have to ask for an explanation of the two periods you use as some form of puncuation. I know 3 periods is an ellipsis but what is two periods in the middle of a sentence?

All in good fun.

I must admit I expected you to be in a better mood following the UCONN game.

:)

GW,

Nice little rant. I do like a good rant. :clap::clap::clap:

In the spirit of your post I have to ask for an explanation of the two periods you use as some form of puncuation. I know 3 periods is an ellipsis but what is two periods in the middle of a sentence?

All in good fun.

I must admit I expected you to be in a better mood following the UCONN game.

Actually I use the two periods as a form of punctuation (vs. puncuation - hah, sorry). I wouldn't agree that an ellipsis is 3 periods, rather I believe the definition of an ellipsis to be a mark(s) indicating an omission or pause. Definitely more commonly seen with 3 periods, but in the programming world, you will find two periods quite often (I am NOT in the programming world, but go back 20 years and sure, I dabbled... dribbled? driveled?).

MRJ - spelling and today's showing has little to nothing to do with one another. At the same time, it does irk me when people are so.. whatever. (ellipsis coming through!!!). I can recognize typos, minor eff ups, etc... but man, there are a ton of people on this message board that flat out can't spell and/or have a poor grasp of basic grammar.. it's scary. Shouldn't have pointed out the Gopher Lady miscue... she's obviously a bright young lady. But there are some dumbo dummy heads on here. Crap, I used three periods twice above. I think Section201 is getting to me.

BTW - the UCONN win is great, but there is so much more work to do... for both MU and the U of M.

EDIT: My favorite misspellings are those of Cory Joseph's name.. the masses love him, but damn if they can figure out his name. Unreal.

I think I'm going to nickname you "Captain Freak Out."

If you can determine what someone is trying to say...don't correct it...it makes you look like you have no life.

If you can determine what someone is trying to say...don't correct it...it makes you look like you have no life.

So I shouldn't have corrected your misspeak on Ray, the subject of this post? You said 'Minnesota is on his list', right? Was I wrong for correcting that? The subject of your entire post was off base and wrong. I'm not talking about spelling, grammar, etc. You should concern yourself with that instead of telling me your 'rules of being nice to poor spellers'.

Before you dropped out, did teachers ever correct you for spelling incorrectly?

If you ever get a job, do you think people will ever look down upon you for spelling incorrectly?

GophersOnTheRise said:
I think I'm going to nickname you "Captain Freak Out."

Thanks! I've been called much worse.

HAHA WOW!! You don't even know me... I'm not a 45 year old... i'm sorry... I wasn't even talking to you... I was suggesting that to everyone in general...way to start a fight on the net...you must feel like a big shot.

HAHA WOW!! You don't even know me... I'm not a 45 year old... i'm sorry... I wasn't even talking to you... I was suggesting that to everyone in general...way to start a fight on the net...you must feel like a big shot.

I'm not trying to start a fight, youngster. I am happy, however, that you took extra time to review your post to make sure you didn't have any glaring errors in it. Now we be learnin!!!!

Look...I don't really want to take this any further just know that we all are here to talk sports...we are not here to be manipulated by someone who quite frankly is not even certified to be correcting grammar in any way shape or form...seeing as we have no clue who you really are! I will watch what I type and try to correct it when necessary...but when this happens every single time I post something it gets pretty stupid.

Look...I don't really want to take this any further just know that we all are here to talk sports...we are not here to be manipulated by someone who quite frankly is not even certified to be correcting grammar in any way shape or form...seeing as we have no clue who you really are! I will watch what I type and try to correct it when necessary...but when this happens every single time I post something it gets pretty stupid.

Huh? I thought your initial post was to 'the general public'? Now it seems you are directing your whining to me.

Look... I'm only 6'0" and wasn't a tall dorky kid when I was in my late teens like you are now. And I grew up in the city of Minneapolis, not Big Lake. We don't have a lot in common.

But, don't get out of pocket. "Manipulated" ... huh? "not even certified".. huh? What is that catch phrase the kids use... 'be real'? Be real, homeboy. I think you're a good kid. Take some pride in what you discuss (don't learn from my example.. I am an idiot and at times rude [but with good information]).

GW

Huh? I thought your initial post was to 'the general public'? Now it seems you are directing your whining to me.

Look... I'm only 6'0" and wasn't a tall dorky kid when I was in my late teens like you are now. And I grew up in the city of Minneapolis, not Big Lake. We don't have a lot in common.

But, don't get out of pocket. "Manipulated" ... huh? "not even certified".. huh? What is that catch phrase the kids use... 'be real'? Be real, homeboy. I think you're a good kid. Take some pride in what you discuss (don't learn from my example.. I am an idiot and at times rude [but with good information]).

GW,

Quite honestly I found this spellcheck-thread to be a relief from thinking about the thrashing we took today !

I got a big chuckle out of you catching my mangling of "punctuation" too! :D

Regarding Marq and the Gophers, though each is 4-5 in conference I would say the Warriors (Golden Eagles) are a step ahead of us in getting to the tourney so far. Losing at DePaul is a little like losing at Indiana I guess but those are big wins at UCONN and in beating Georgetown. All we have is Butler and the Buckeyes at the Barn.

Lots of games to play so there is still time to improve our resumes.

Hopefully I caught all my typos, spelling errors, and miscellaneous faux pas this time !

no one finds you funny. please stick to hoops.

Actually I use the two periods as a form of punctuation (vs. puncuation - hah, sorry). I wouldn't agree that an ellipsis is 3 periods, rather I believe the definition of an ellipsis to be a mark(s) indicating an omission or pause. Definitely more commonly seen with 3 periods, but in the programming world, you will find two periods quite often (I am NOT in the programming world, but go back 20 years and sure, I dabbled... dribbled? driveled?).

MRJ - spelling and today's showing has little to nothing to do with one another. At the same time, it does irk me when people are so.. whatever. (ellipsis coming through!!!). I can recognize typos, minor eff ups, etc... but man, there are a ton of people on this message board that flat out can't spell and/or have a poor grasp of basic grammar.. it's scary. Shouldn't have pointed out the Gopher Lady miscue... she's obviously a bright young lady. But there are some dumbo dummy heads on here. Crap, I used three periods twice above. I think Section201 is getting to me.
BTW - the UCONN win is great, but there is so much more work to do... for both MU and the U of M.

EDIT: My favorite misspellings are those of Cory Joseph's name.. the masses love him, but damn if they can figure out his name. Unreal.

No problem. And I happen to agree with you in terms of spelling. Just wanted some clarification. :)

Top Bottom