Rate the last 3 awful coaches

Few is one of the 5 best teachers in the game. THEY HIT A GRAND SLAM .
Hard to say he's top 5 when Gonzaga plays in a pathetic West Coast Conference where the next best team is Saint Mary's.

Not disputing that Few isn't a great coach but you'd really take him over Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, Tom Izzo, Roy Williams, Coach Cal, and Coach K? Few has done a great job turning Gonzaga into a powerhouse on the west coast but I'd want to see long-term success in an actual competitive conference before deeming him top 5.

Hard to say he's top 5 when Gonzaga plays in a pathetic West Coast Conference where the next best team is Saint Mary's.

Not disputing that Few isn't a great coach but you'd really take him over Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, Tom Izzo, Roy Williams, Coach Cal, and Coach K? Few has done a great job turning Gonzaga into a powerhouse on the west coast but I'd want to see long-term success in an actual competitive conference before deeming him top 5.

In MN I'd take him over Izzo, Williams, Cal, and K. Wright and Few are a wash. I probably take Bennett out of that group you listed. It'd be hard to find 5 guys I'd take over Few in my head. Bennett, Beilien, maybe Self, and maybe Beard? Few could win anywhere he wanted, but found a place of comfort and he valued it.

Well it is just opinion but as a teacher i would take him over Cal, K and Roy at this stage. Pitino Sr. says Bennett is the best along with Wright. Then i go Beard then Few. Coaches at clinics, coaches that attend practice just rave at the level of teaching in that group.

Well it is just opinion but as a teacher i would take him over Cal, K and Roy at this stage. Pitino Sr. says Bennett is the best along with Wright. Then i go Beard then Few. Coaches at clinics, coaches that attend practice just rave at the level of teaching in that group.

Hopefully not taking this thread too off topic, but why do you go Beard over Few? I love Beard more than Few because of styles, but curious to why you think he's a better teacher? I put Few up higher because of his longevity and sustained success, but don't have anything to back it up practice wise. I love Beard and the way his guys defend. Have you been to a Few or Beard practice before?

Few, several times. Beard only final 4 but intense. Drilled the finest detail over and over in a way that has a shared power. Like a young Bob Knight.

Seems like it is time to ditch this thread and start a new one. "Rate the best five current coaches"

Seems like it is time to ditch this thread and start a new one. "Rate the best five current coaches"

What relevance does it have to Minnesota basketball if coach K or Roy Williams is the better coach? (I think K is pretty clearly the better coach FWIW.)

First of all this was a ridiculous thread to start with. In case you hadn't noticed the latest responses on this thread are discussing the merits of other schools coaches so why not start a new thread for that purpose and let this thread die.

Top Bottom