Rashede Hageman named first team all Big Ten!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Your All-Big Ten defensive linemen, just announced on BTN. <a href="http://t.co/iGcyiG2dCy">pic.twitter.com/iGcyiG2dCy</a></p>— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/statuses/407633612721242112">December 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Allright!!!
Way to go 'Shede!!!

I'm thrilled for Rasheed, but honestly kind of shocked. He was dominant when on the field, but seemed to only play about half the snaps (at most) - was this my own misconception? I thought that would hurt him in this process.

Anyway, again, Rasheed played great all year, especially in BigTen play, something he didn't do last year. I'm happy for him, and the Gophs!

I'm thrilled for Rasheed, but honestly kind of shocked. He was dominant when on the field, but seemed to only play about half the snaps (at most) - was this my own misconception? I thought that would hurt him in this process.

Anyway, again, Rasheed played great all year, especially in BigTen play, something he didn't do last year. I'm happy for him, and the Gophs!

Most teams rotate their DL, especially their tackles.

Brock Vereen just made it too!

Congrats to #Gophers @brockvereen21! RT @BigTenNetwork: Which #B1G defensive backs made All-Big Ten first-team? pic.twitter.com/NImozAS0PI

Another one!

Per Marcus:
DE Theiren Cockran second-team All-Big Team by media. Seven 1/2 sacks. Forgot only a RS sophomore! pic.twitter.com/5PlWPTZsLB

RG Caleb Bak, LB Aaron Hill, P Peter Mortell and CB Eric Murray all nabbed All-Big Ten honorable mention per Nate Sandell and the actually list - but I copied his tweet.

he had 11 TFLs, 8 passes batted down, 2 block FGs and an INT, even if he played only 10% of the snaps but still managed to get those types of numbers he still would have made it, he could have played as little or as much as possible but if he gets those types of numbers he will be rewarded

Outstanding accomplishment by Hageman and Vareen and the rest of the Gophers.

Hats off to thee guys, just outstanding.
Very happy for Hageman and Vareen to be named first team by the coaches shows you the respect these players had from the league staffs. Both are the first team for the first time since Eric Decker in 2009. That is good company to keep.
That is a prestigious honor and they join a select class of Gophers. Mortel should have been more than honorable mention he was one of the most consistent performers at the punting position in the Big 10 conference and had really good statistics.

Congratualtions to DE Theiren Cockran, only a Sophmore and already second team Big 10 conference. You know what that means he is going to start to get extra attention, bigger things are ahead for this guy. I thought he Cockran and Ameafula along with Damien Wilson were three of the most improved players on the defense and helped elevate our defensive core to a new level.
A little disappointed that Roland Williams and James Manual didn't at least get all Big 10 honorable mention both have been outstanding all year. That and to come out of nowhere like David Cobb did to become a 1,000 rusher on what wasn't the most prolific offense, you would have to say that David Cobb is probably going to have a Big year next year as well. He is a tough guy who grinds the crap out of you and gets it done. SKI U MAH and go Gophers.

Congrats. This really shows our overall improvement with our team. I remember years of not having any 1st team members and maybe a 2nd team selection.

Great player development by our coaches.

Congrats. This really shows our overall improvement with our team. I remember years of not having any 1st team members and maybe a 2nd team selection.

I remember it like it was just last year :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Your All-Big Ten defensive linemen, just announced on BTN. <a href="http://t.co/iGcyiG2dCy">pic.twitter.com/iGcyiG2dCy</a></p>— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/statuses/407633612721242112">December 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!
Happy to see that d'bag Beau Allen not on the list

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for some kind of All-American status.

It's a huge boost to the program.

Looking forward to seeing Rashede's picture on the concourse!

Most teams rotate their DL, especially their tackles.

I understand that. My gripe has been being that he is (now) a 1st team all-conference player, he should not have been "rotated" out in the fourth quarter, for entire series, as he was during several games.

Nonetheless, this is a time to celebrate, not gripe. Again, I'm thrilled for him and the program.

I think he very well could be named All-American Honorable Mention for sure.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for some kind of All-American status.

It's a huge boost to the program.

Looking forward to seeing Rashede's picture on the concourse!
that would be nice, maybe have his number retired and his name next to the scoreboard next to the likes of Paul Giel, Bobby Bell and those guys, just kidding but yeah, his picture in the concourse would be nice

its a big improvement from having only DL Wilhite being a 3rd teamer and Shede being an honorable mention or something like that from last year

too bad Calhoun, Gregory and Spence are all sophomores as well which could prevent Theiren from being a first team DE in the years to come, unless he beats them out or they choose 4 DEs for the entire DL

Congrats to Ra'Shede! Great to see a local player from Washburn High get to this level at his hometown University. Lots of people proud of him here.

The number 19 selection... Oh my sides...can't stop laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not?

He's still raw.

You don't get drafted for what you've done. You get drafted for what you might become.

I was referring to the name of the player taken in 19 th in this mock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Senior Bowl will be key for Hageman. I'm guessing if he's healthy, he'll totally blow up the physical tests at the combine, but coaches and GMs are probably going to want to see him in practice.

But congrats to him. He totally deserves this award.

Top Bottom