Rant about Thursday night games

Even though I can't make it this year, I think from a football standpoint, it's good. The players most likely can't wait to hit a player that's not from the same team, and the coaches most likely are for it as it gives another two days for preparation & health-wise between the 1st & 2nd game.

Much better that a Thursday game is the first game of the year rather than in the middle of the season, where you have less days between games.

Actually I disagree with your second statement. A Thursday game is strategically advantageous mid-season. You play Thursday against another team who played the Saturday before. You then get 2 extra rest days over your next opponent.

What if a team doesn't play the Saturday before the Thursday game?
Or what if they played the previous Thursday?
Or what if they played the previous Saturday but in a different time zone?
Or what if they played the previous Saturday at 11:00 and the students showed up in the 2nd quarter?

What if a team doesn't play the Saturday before the Thursday game?
Or what if they played the previous Thursday?
Or what if they played the previous Saturday but in a different time zone?
Or what if they played the previous Saturday at 11:00 and the students showed up in the 2nd quarter?

Or, what if the stands were full, and our opponent was so shell shocked, that when the Captains met at midfield for the pre game coin toss, the opponents ran to Grand Forks and forfeited?

What if.../SIZE]

People passionate about Gopher football complained about that passion. That would make them...

confused.

Top Bottom