RandBall: With Gophers football, try this: Embrace your hopes, not your fears

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per RandBall:

The Gophers are No. 2 in FBS in total offense AND total defense after three non-conference routs. They have depth and balance on both sides of the ball, plus an uncommon combination of belief and focus.

"When you come together for a common cause and with a common goal, great things are going to happen," Gophers linebacker Mariano Sori-Marin said on Thursday's podcast.

Internally, the Gophers show no fear. They only see the opportunity ahead, with the next challenge being the start of the Big Ten season at Michigan State on Saturday.

Externally, though, some Gophers fans might be wondering this: Is Minnesota really as good as it has looked so far? After all, the three opponents on its schedule so far — New Mexico State, Western Illinois and Colorado — look to be less-than-robust competition.

Should the Gophers really be three-point favorites on the road, against a Spartans team that was ranked No. 11 in the country before a loss last weekend to Washington knocked them from the Top 25?

I don't know. I do know that it might be time for a clean break from the Minnesota Sports Outcome Paradox.

With the Gophers, try this: Embrace your hopes, not your fears.

Go Gophers!!

Great thought, won't ever happen. Already have fans posting about their fears about all the bad things that will probably happen tomorrow. Gopher fans love to assume the worst is always going to happen. I mean it is not tough to understand why but it is unfortunate that some fans waste so much energy expecting the bad that they forget to enjoy the good.

Just saw Pavement in St Paul on Wednesday and they played this for us Gopher fans

I was optimistic until Reusse got on board. Then I heard the Power Trip saying the entire state would be behind us if we win this game.

I gotta remember when we beat PSU at home, but don’t blame anyone looking at their scars from the Friday night Michigan game.

Gopher fans love to assume the worst is always going to happen. I mean it is not tough to understand why but it is unfortunate that some fans waste so much energy expecting the bad that they forget to enjoy the good.

The time for celebration is after a victory, not before. Why is that so hard to understand?

I just feel really good about this Gopher team. A little angst is part of the anticipation of going to play a good team on the road…or at home against these Big Ten teams that Gopher fans love to fear, hate, dread to face and wonder if the team can compete with.

This Gopher team has a chance to be a Big Ten team of destiny. As each game drawn near I feel all those feelings and emotions of what it would be like with a win or a loss.

This team IS destined to produce those incredible feelings for this fan all Big Ten season long in 2022.

Beat the stinking Spartan, Gopher!!!

Top Bottom