RandBall: Basketball questions: Are the Wolves NBA title contenders? Are the Gophers good?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per RandBall:

The Gophers, similarly, are just discovering their potential. Head coach Ben Johnson said of Sunday's comeback win over Maryland:

"We had to go through a first half where there's a different type of energy in the building and a different type of expectation. Guys feel that. They can deny it all they want, but I know they do and, and that's part of it. We haven't gone through that."

The Gophers' next four games: at Indiana, Iowa, at Michigan State, Wisconsin. They need to win at least one of those next three to make that Wisconsin game feel big. If they do, and then beat the Badgers, we can say they're good.

But even now, we can say this: the conversation has changed, and clearly for the better.

Go Gophers!!

Definitely has been fun to see reasons for some optimism around Gopher basketball. Remains to be seen how good this team is but they are definitely improved....and if they can keep the bulk of the roster in tact heading into next year should be even better.

Per RandBall:

The Gophers, similarly, are just discovering their potential. Head coach Ben Johnson said of Sunday's comeback win over Maryland:

"We had to go through a first half where there's a different type of energy in the building and a different type of expectation. Guys feel that. They can deny it all they want, but I know they do and, and that's part of it. We haven't gone through that."

The Gophers' next four games: at Indiana, Iowa, at Michigan State, Wisconsin. They need to win at least one of those next three to make that Wisconsin game feel big. If they do, and then beat the Badgers, we can say they're good.

But even now, we can say this: the conversation has changed, and clearly for the better.

Go Gophers!!
I’d say two of the next three before Wisconsin, then work Lakeville East like a rented mule.

Top Bottom