Questions from a gopher fan that doesn't follow basketball

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
1. How many big ten games do you expect Gophers to win?

2. How many big ten games do we need to win to make the ncaa tournament

3. Do you think the program is heading in the right direction

1. 3-4
2. With a soft non-conference schedule, 9+.
3. Yes

All guesses obviously. With (3), BJ has already shown me enough for me to say that he’s a better coach than Pitino. Get BJ some additional talent and I’m excited to see what he can do.

1. 3-4
2. With a soft non-conference schedule, 9+.
3. Yes

All guesses obviously. With (3), BJ has already shown me enough for me to say that he’s a better coach than Pitino. Get BJ some additional talent and I’m excited to see what he can do.

It's tough to say at this point how much credit goes to Johnson and how much goes to the other coaches but, either way, I agree that the coaching I've seen so far and the style of play is much more encouraging that what I had become accustomed to under Pitino.

You might be a bit too pessimistic with your estimate for #1, at least if the team stays healthy (granted, that's a big "if"). I've seen awful Big Ten teams win that many over the years and despite this team's limitations, I don't think it falls in the awful category.

1. How many big ten games do you expect Gophers to win?

2. How many big ten games do we need to win to make the ncaa tournament

3. Do you think the program is heading in the right direction

1) Tough question for anyone at this point. Right now, I think this team's ceiling (assuming everyone stays healthy), is a little higher than I thought initially; maybe 6, 7, or possibly as high as 8 conference games.

2) Of course it depends upon how hog wild the NCAA committee goes in selecting Big Ten teams. Some years (like last year) the committee selects more conference teams than it should but if a typical number (like 7) are selected, then I'd say a .500 conference record (so 10 wins).

3) Don't know but so far so good. I'm much happier right now than I would be if Pitino were here.

1. 5 minimum, people are under estimating this roster and their D1 basketball experience. Coaching will get them 5 conference wins.

3. Yes, hands down and I'm a tough critic

Top Bottom