Questioning the OL Play

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
I like that we have a pretty good OL, but I feel like the revolving door is starting to show some issues. Guys seem to be moving positions too much and being off the field at critical moments.

For example on a critical 3rd down, Blaise comes rotating off the field. Isn't he one of the top 5 OL's?

I'd like to see a little more continuity. Does the OL potentially have a "tell" to the defense based on who is in the game and where they line up?

Just throwing a bit of a spit ball out there to see what others think/see.

I like that we have a pretty good OL, but I feel like the revolving door is starting to show some issues. Guys seem to be moving positions too much and being off the field at critical moments.

For example on a critical 3rd down, Blaise comes rotating off the field. Isn't he one of the top 5 OL's?

I'd like to see a little more continuity. Does the OL potentially have a "tell" to the defense based on who is in the game and where they line up?

I saw a different problem Saturday. Lazy. Lack of effort. Falele especially just took a day off. We have 10 guys who have started a game. Let's see which five want to play hard and win. Draft hype means nothing.

I would venture Ko Keift could have done a better job at RT in pass protection just by sheer will and effort.

I saw a different problem Saturday. Lazy. Lack of effort. Falele especially just took a day off. We have 10 guys who have started a game. Let's see which five want to play hard and win. Draft hype means nothing.

I would venture Ko Keift could have done a better job at RT in pass protection just by sheer will and effort.
I thought the same thing about Keift. I noticed him flatten a few guys early on,

The big guy just isn't mobile enough in pass protection. He'll likely never play beyond college.

He is mobile enough if he is working hard. He was a big part of our turnaround in 2018 as a true freshman. He was good enough to help beat Wisconsin in Madison. He's not giving the effort now and needs to earn playing time in practice.

They didn't look like mean guys, some looked like windmills...

The tell thing rings true to me. It was like the other team knew how to get through, every play.

BG keep the OL on its heals as they mixed up their calls very well. It seemed as we were always guessing thus hesitant versus being in control and aggressive. At times the BG DL simply overpowered our players, got penetration or ran right around them, especially #70.. We had no answer for the DB corner blitz.

This is a very experienced OL. At this stage they should be able to handle twists, blitz's/etc. It is very concerning that a MAC team outplayed the OL which is supposed to be one of the main strengths of our team.

Interesting thought about a "tell". I haven't paid that close of attention to play calls and the personnel, hopefully the coaches are looking at that. In my opinion Olson, Blaise, and JMS should never rotate out.

Top Bottom