Question

The 12th Man

Reaction score
I get the sense that people will actually be upset if the team does well next year because they dislike Brewster. Is that really the case? Am I wrong for thinking that this is completely insane?

I honestly think you are wrong. Minnesotans love a winner. If Brewster's output can match his rhetoric I think he will actually be embraced. Until then he will be viewed as a fraud by many.

That is completely false. I will gladly eat my words if Brew can back up his lofty talk. I won't hold my breath though.

I honestly think you are wrong. Minnesotans love a winner. If Brewster's output can match his rhetoric I think he will actually be embraced. Until then he will be viewed as a fraud by many.
Depends on how you define "winner". Mason's record was a winning one, but I don't think he was ever wildly popular. Denny Green too.

maybe we're just not a good sports town. It would seem like we are because we have so much here. But if everything and everybody always sucks, I'm not so sure. Hell there were plenty of Mauer haters until this year. He was clearly one of the best, but hated because it was questionable wether he was the best. I mean really.

Talk is cheap.....I need to start seeing something a lot better than this...

That is completely false. I will gladly eat my words if Brew can back up his lofty talk. I won't hold my breath though.

I agree. 99% will be thrilled if we go 9-3 or better and to an Outback Bowl or better. Might there be some upset if we 'squeak' our way to 6-6 with maybe one 'big' win if that means Brew stays and gets another extension? Perhaps.

maybe we're just not a good sports town. It would seem like we are because we have so much here. But if everything and everybody always sucks, I'm not so sure. Hell there were plenty of Mauer haters until this year. He was clearly one of the best, but hated because it was questionable wether he was the best. I mean really.

I don't think there were 'many' Mauer haters. There were a small vocal few, and the true reasons for thier dislike had little or nothing to do with baseball.

I had to laugh at this one. "Haters" might be a little too strong. Disbelievers is more like it. But it's too true... In the words of Oliver Twist, "please sir, I want some more"...

Yeah I suppose it was too strong. Just using the vocab du jour.

Top Bottom