Quandry

Reaction score
I love the Gophers; however, I found myself lately struggling to root for them. In fact, there is a small part of me that hopes we lose so we can get rid of the snakeoil saesman of a coach. The sooner we get rid of this guy, the sooner we will get back on the right track! Is anyone else going through the same quandry?

Yes, I heard a many in the crowd at TCF hoping SDSU

I love the Gophers; however, I found myself lately struggling to root for them. In fact, there is a small part of me that hopes we lose so we can get rid of the snakeoil saesman of a coach. The sooner we get rid of this guy, the sooner we will get back on the right track! Is anyone else going through the same quandry?

would pull out the game to hasten the removal of the blowhard snake oil rep.

Many had the belief that a humiliating SDSU loss followed by a debacle at Iowa would be enough to force a change.

I'd dump him right now and hire Keith Sumlin or the Al Golden. Let Davis or Lee coach the bowl game.

yes - moreso last week against sdsu. i wasn't even one of those people that wanted to lose to texas tech to get mason fired...but i found myself not minding if we lost last week. i knew that this week it didn't matter as much. he was expected to lose, and he's our coach for at least the next year.

I was actually wondering earlier if people are actively rooting against the team. Thank you for answering the question.

This is a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Clamoring for change so much that you have lost track of the overall goal...and your sanity.

I was actually wondering earlier if people are actively rooting against the team. Thank you for answering the question.

This is a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Clamoring for change so much that you have lost track of the overall goal...and your sanity.

I would say the same thing about you. Brewster will never win here. We are beating heads against a wall with him here. Your continued support of him is a detriment to getting the Gophers where thet need to go.

I would say the same thing about you. Brewster will never win here. We are beating heads against a wall with him here. Your continued support of him is a detriment to getting the Gophers where thet need to go.

Your problem is that you are confusing Tim Brewster and the University of Minnesota. If you are a fan, you will root for the team regardless of your own personal vendetta against the coach. Brewster might be the guy and he might not, but a true fan will ALWAYS root for the team to win.

Currently, you think Brewster is not the answer. Fine. Your solution is for the team to lose? My thought would be to hope Brewster actually is the guy and root for the team to win. If it doesn't happen, move on and hope for the next guy to win. Wishing for failure is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But Brewster is NOT the guy and every second he is the coach is another second that puts us further away from where we need to be. So my rooting from the team, hoping we sqeak out victories against SDSU, is, then by definition counter-productive.

But Brewster is NOT the guy and every second he is the coach is another second that puts us further away from where we need to be. So my rooting from the team, hoping we sqeak out victories against SDSU, is, then by definition counter-productive.

I suppose we will need to agree to disagree, as I will never subscribe to the belief that losing is the best policy. And, since he is not getting fired, it seems ridiculous to go through the entirety of next season hoping that the team I love loses. But, again, agree to disagree.

Your problem is that you are confusing Tim Brewster and the University of Minnesota. If you are a fan, you will root for the team regardless of your own personal vendetta against the coach. Brewster might be the guy and he might not, but a true fan will ALWAYS root for the team to win.

Currently, you think Brewster is not the answer. Fine. Your solution is for the team to lose? My thought would be to hope Brewster actually is the guy and root for the team to win. If it doesn't happen, move on and hope for the next guy to win. Wishing for failure is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Very good post. Stop trying to make a sane comment. Crazy people don't or won't understand.

Very good post. Stop trying to make a sane comment. Crazy people don't or won't understand.

And I think you are moron for not understanding the very simple logic of my post. It makes perfect sense to root for short losses, when, in the long run, it produces the desired impact. WE WILL NEVER GET TO THE ROSE BOWL WITH BREWSTER AS THE COACH - get it?!?!?!?

Charles, given your past posting history, in 2-3 years time you will have another coach to bitch about. :(

And I think you are moron for not understanding the very simple logic of my post. It makes perfect sense to root for short losses, when, in the long run, it produces the desired impact. WE WILL NEVER GET TO THE ROSE BOWL WITH BREWSTER AS THE COACH - get it?!?!?!?

Yeah, thats logical crazy person. Lets root against our team for the chance of looking for another coach that may or may not be better than what we have now. In the interim, as your grand plan of losing games to get a new coach materializes, the program continues in decline in terms of fan support while we wait for your glorious coaching savior to take us to the promised land. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. The only thing that is logical is rooting for your team to win each and every game. If they win and improve each year then all is good. If they don't then you make a change after the guy has been given a change to succeed or fail. Thats called being a fan and not a "what have you done for me lately bandwagon fan". Please go root for the Vikings.

Yeah, thats logical crazy person. Lets root against our team for the chance of looking for another coach that may or may not be better than what we have now. In the interim, as your grand plan of losing games to get a new coach materializes, the program continues in decline in terms of fan support while we wait for your glorious coaching savior to take us to the promised land. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. The only thing that is logical is rooting for your team to win each and every game. If they win and improve each year then all is good. If they don't then you make a change after the guy has been given a change to succeed or fail. Thats called being a fan and not a "what have you done for me lately bandwagon fan". Please go root for the Vikings.

Something tells me you did not do very well on the SAT or GRE. I question your fandom. Your straegy of rooting for little victories while our program continues to regress only makes the situation worse. A true fan would demand better!

Something tells me you did not do very well on the SAT or GRE. I question your fandom. Your straegy of rooting for little victories while our program continues to regress only makes the situation worse. A true fan would demand better!

Something tells me you just escaped from the nuthouse. I always demand better but I choose to support the team, program, and school while looking longterm. You choose to be the ADD version of a fan. By the way, I did very well on the SAT, ACT, and GMAT (like that matters) and am a two-time alumnus of our great university. Something tells me you did not.

Something tells me you just escaped from the nuthouse. I always demand better but I choose to support the team, program, and school while looking longterm. You choose to be the ADD version of a fan. By the way, I did very well on the SAT, ACT, and GMAT and am a two-time alumnus of our great university. Something tells me you did not.

Ha...my PhD says otherwise.

Top Bottom