Purdue football at Minnesota: 1st and 10 : Notes From The Indy Star

An article from a Purdue beat writer containing a lot respect for the Gophers. Ending with a final note about how the Boilermakers have never won at TCF/Huntington Bank.

What do we discuss?

The horrible losses from years back.

Yep, after all that "training", this is who we are. :(

Go Gophers, beat Purdue!

2008 was a tale of two seasons and Northwestern was the turning point. The Gophers were promising up until Northwestern, and were dreadful after Northwestern. The game was headed for OT but the Gophers decided to get into field position to win it in regulation... but pitched a pick 6 instead, as time ran out. Game over, and as it turned out... season over.

That was also a game where Kafka was Barry Sanders with an arm and ran all over the place.

2008 was a tale of two seasons and Northwestern was the turning point. The Gophers were promising up until Northwestern, and were dreadful after Northwestern. The game was headed for OT but the Gophers decided to get into field position to win it in regulation... but pitched a pick 6 instead, as time ran out. Game over, and as it turned out... season over.

That was also a game where Kafka was Barry Sanders with an arm and ran all over the place.
The 2008 Brew team was a sham. Efficiency data from that team showed we weren't very good

During the Wacker years, the Gophers-Boilermaker games were crazy. '93 was the Scott Ekers & Omar Douglas show, with 6 TD passes, 5 to Omar. '94 was a loss, but Darkins had a big day. And '95, Darkins ran for just under 300 in a 39-38 win, with the Gophs hitting a 2 point conversion & Purdue missing a game winning FG.

Could be an entertaining game. Only question I have is if we win, what excuse will be used this year: '18 & '21 (Weather); '19 & '20 (Officiating)
That 1993 Purdue game was amazing. It was the last game I went to w my grandfather before he passed and he saw a good one:
Not many fans there but so many points and alot of drama capped off by Scott Eckers dropping a pass right into the bucket to Tony Carter w 30 seconds left to set up game winning score.

Top Bottom