Punt of the Year

And that was at sea level! What will happen if they play in Laramie, Ft. Collins or Albuquerque?

Wow.

I would spend a pick as high as rd 2-3 on this guy. He can swing field position consistently for a team for 2 decades. Also can be a reserve PK option, though it doesn't seem he projects NFL level at that.

I think if I knew he was going to punt at a level similar to what he has this year at SDSU and stay with my team his whole career (15+ yrs for a punter) - Rd 1 for sure.

Last edited:

And that was at sea level! What will happen if they play in Laramie, Ft. Collins or Albuquerque?
I think he had one at Air Force for 86. Read an article on him a couple weeks ago - he’s a tremendous overall athlete and says he still thinks he can get better at his craft. Never thought I’d be following how a Punter does week to week but his stats are pretty incredible.

Wow.

I would spend a pick as high as rd 2-3 on this guy. He can swing field position consistently for a team for 2 decades. Also can be a reserve PK option, though it doesn't seem he projects NFL level at that.

I think if I knew he was going to punt at a level similar to what he has this year at SDSU and stay with my team his whole career (15+ yrs for a punter) - Rd 1 for sure.
There have been a few punters/kickers selected in the first round - he could easily join them. I'm going to go with a late second-round landing guess

There have been a few punters/kickers selected in the first round - he could easily join them. I'm going to go with a late second-round landing guess
Correct - it’s very rare - last was Janikowski (K) in 2000. Erxlaben and Ray Guy are the only 2 Punters ever taken in Round 1. Maybe 3rd / 4th Rounder? Pure guess on my end but he’s certainly flipping the field in college.

Top Bottom