Pump the brakes boys: We transformed our entire offensive identity while adding new coaching and turning over our roster. Hiccups are bound to happen.

Not sure what you are looking at, the guy who got in on Kramer was a lineman who was able to get off his block. The blitz was picked up was blocked. The guy who intercepted was the deep cover over the top and picked up the coverage as Jackson got closer to the endzone
Defender picked up coverage of the ball. He was a mile out of position to cover Jackson’s route.

Defender picked up coverage of the ball. He was a mile out of position to cover Jackson’s route.
No matter how many times you repeat this bullshit it will still be bullshit.

No, he wasn't. He was playing his coverage responsibility as designed, tracking the throw and the intended receiver. I have watched that play probably two dozen times. He is in deep coverage at the 5-yard line between Jackson (on the 7-yard line) and the goal line.

Can’t fully lean on run game rest of year without a reliable second back. The odds of Taylor playing 13 games (14 total with just one carry in first one) with 30 or more carries a game are remote.

Someone has to help out.
Tyler is an acceptable back up, Evans and or Marquese Williams would probably work as well. I agree Taylor shouldn’t carry it more than 25 per game.

Last edited:

I guess I agree with the OP to a certain point.

for the last 5 years, with exceptions for injuries, the offensive identity of the Gophers was built around Morgan, Ibrahim and the O-line.

Now, there is a new QB, new RB's, and changes in the O-Line - along with a new play-caller and QB Coach.

and I do think the Gophers are struggling to adjust in a lot of ways. Red Zone offense is one area where they just look as if they don't know what they want to do - or if they do know, they can't do it. and something is just off with BSF - or with his chemistry with the QB.

this does NOT mean the season is doomed. but, I think it does mean that everyone involved - coaches and players - need to find a way to improve. eliminate mistakes and become more efficient.

Obviously Cole threw to the wrong place. Jackson ran a great route and had the defender going the wrong direction.

The

60/40 run/pass ratio is about right. AK will be ok.

AK will be better than OK. It takes time.

No matter how many times you repeat this bullshit it will still be bullshit.
Where do you believe the route was drawn and where do you think Jackson was running? Where the ball came down?

No, he wasn't. He was playing his coverage responsibility as designed, tracking the throw and the intended receiver. I have watched that play probably two dozen times. He is in deep coverage at the 5-yard line between Jackson (on the 7-yard line) and the goal line.
Which way was Jackson breaking?

Good grief, really? Watch it and you tell me. That coverage from the deep defender was textbook.
Good grief indeed. Please explain why Jackson had to turn around 180 degrees and stumble around to try to play defense?

Hint: It's because he showed left and then broke right.

By your reasoning, the defender was not only textbook perfect but Kramer threw the football exactly as designed.

So you say Kramer threw a good ball to the proper spot and somehow Jackson thought it was a different play?

Good grief indeed. Please explain why Jackson had to turn around 180 degrees and stumble around to try to play defense?

Hint: It's because he showed left and then broke right.

By your reasoning, the defender was not only textbook perfect but Kramer threw the football exactly as designed.

So you say Kramer threw a good ball to the proper spot and somehow Jackson thought it was a different play?

on the Gopher Gridiron podcast, Ryan Burns discussed that play. He said it was a post and that Jackson was open, but the pass was thrown late and off-target. Burns said if the pass had been thrown sooner and more accurately that Jackson would have scored. the high and late throw gave the deep defender time to get under the ball and make the interception. I don't study film the way he does, so I'm going to defer to his interpretation.

We have three good

We have three good receivers plus CRAB if he gets ready. Brockington is better than anyone knows. Also, I’m not giving up on Spencer yet. He has a long history of being good. Hard to understand why he has two catches and two drops on the numbers.
Because he’s not that good?

Last game was on the players, overthrows, underthrows, behind the player throws, drops,etc. Execute the plays called we win that game

on the Gopher Gridiron podcast, Ryan Burns discussed that play. He said it was a post and that Jackson was open, but the pass was thrown late and off-target. Burns said if the pass had been thrown sooner and more accurately that Jackson would have scored. the high and late throw gave the deep defender time to get under the ball and make the interception. I don't study film the way he does, so I'm going to defer to his interpretation.
Yeah, he really didn't break. He was looking over his right shoulder for the ball and realized it was coming to his left. Deep dfender tracked it from the throw.

Yeah, he really didn't break. He was looking over his right shoulder for the ball and realized it was coming to his left. Deep dfender tracked it from the throw.
Ok, I see. Textbook coverage on a perfect throw. If only Jackson knew the plays. But it’s encouraging to know Cole remains perfect on the deep ball and that the defender was ACC Defensive Player of the Week.

Ok, I see. Textbook coverage on a perfect throw. If only Jackson knew the plays. But it’s encouraging to know Cole remains perfect on the deep ball and that the defender was ACC Defensive Player of the Week.
Nice try, but maybe work on the sarcasm a bit more. The post I replied to talked about the throw quality.

Check your post after the season. He has been good several seasons. He might not be good against our level competition but I’m not ready to give up on him yet.
Will do. I’ll check yours too 😉

Top Bottom