PTI, Wilbon on WI 2 point try

maliksealy

Reaction score
Michael Wilbon, a much respected journalist, Big Ten enthusiast, and co-host of the ESPN show PTI just said he would've been ok with Brewster punching BB at the post game handshake. Co-host Tony Kornheiser said the try was absolutely outrageous.

Michael Wilbon
much respected journalist

wrflvc.gif

Now there's something wrong with Wilbon too? Why isn't he a respected journalist?

We got our a$$e$ kicked. Personally, I am glad that they went for two. Maybe this will get us one step closer to rock bottom and then maybe, just maybe we will get pi$$ed off enough to play like a real Big Ten team.

The only thing more pathetic than our team is our whiney fans.

We got our a$$e$ kicked. Personally, I am glad that they went for two. Maybe this will get us one step closer to rock bottom and then maybe, just maybe we will get pi$$ed off enough to play like a real Big Ten team.

+1

No, the only thing more pathetic is alleged fans who WANT their team to hit rock bottom.

No, the only thing more pathetic is alleged fans who WANT their team to hit rock bottom.

It's not what I want, but nothing else is working. This team lacks a killer instinct. They do not appear to have a desire to win. Just look at how pathetic our players were against South Dakota and has not got any better.

We could not even play a full four quarters against Wisconsin. That is pathetic. Our (arguably) biggest rivalry. No one on our roster has won against the Badgers. Not a single player. Yet we couldn't even get up for this game. There are two games that should be circled on the schedule every year and our team went through the motions for a good 50% of one of those games.

This team resembles Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas. I just keep waiting for rock bottom, as then maybe, just maybe they'll pull it together and at least play for pride.

You remember what happened to Nic Cage in that movie?

PS: Who would be Elisabeth Shue?

It's not what I want, but nothing else is working. This team lacks a killer instinct. They do not appear to have a desire to win. Just look at how pathetic our players were against South Dakota and has not got any better.

We could not even play a full four quarters against Wisconsin. That is pathetic. Our (arguably) biggest rivalry. No one on our roster has won against the Badgers. Not a single player. Yet we couldn't even get up for this game. There are two games that should be circled on the schedule every year and our team went through the motions for a good 50% of one of those games.

This team resembles Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas. I just keep waiting for rock bottom, as then maybe, just maybe they'll pull it together and at least play for pride.

Brewster's problem is not getting the kids to play hard or with a killer instinct. The problem has been the entire coaching staffs inability to get them in the right place. They can't teach players to play with leverage. They can't get them to perform as a unit.
If you don't think they are "up" it's probably because they don't know how to apply their energy. One of my coaches told me it is hard to be aggressive and confused at the same time.
And good to have you back.

If Bielema hadn't gone for 2, he wouldn't have national journalists calling for the other coach to punch him out.
If he hadn't gone for 2, they wouldn't be playing the clip of him running across the field looking like an obnoxious teenager to shake hands after the first Brewster game.
Nobody would be talking about him being classless. They would be talking about how he has owned the Gophers and how much better his program is than ours.
Next year, they will be running clips all week before the game and he will be asked in interviews if he has grown up since then. I'm hoping our student section has thousands of coaches cards to hold during the game that say "Be a jerk" or something worse about him.
Last year, a recruit supposedly changed his commitment because he thought Goldy may have mocked a Penn St player. There may be some parents out there that want their kid to go somewhere and learn to be a classy professional.

If Bielema hadn't gone for 2, he wouldn't have national journalists calling for the other coach to punch him out.

No doubt.

If he hadn't gone for 2, they wouldn't be playing the clip of him running across the field looking like an obnoxious teenager to shake hands after the first Brewster game.

Agreed.

They would be talking about how he has owned the Gophers and how much better his program is than ours.

Nope. They wouldn't be talking about it at all - just another blowout of a CFB non-entity by a top 25 team.

Next year, they will be running clips all week before the game and he will be asked in interviews if he has grown up since then.

No, because Timmy will be long gone, and no one will give 2*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s about it, just like they should have this year.

There may be some parents out there that want their kid to go somewhere and learn to be a classy professional.

Recruits are already doing that.

-1 Leeks

The only thing worse than our team is a masochist fan base that chooses not to fight, but instead says 'thank you sir, please may I have another sir'.

You remember what happened to Nic Cage in that movie?

PS: Who would be Elisabeth Shue?

That's easy... Clearly Brewster is Elisabeth Shue. He is trying to help, is powerless to do so, and is being left a bloody mess after just trying to do his job.

I didn't have a huge problem with Bielema going for 2 there, mainly because I already knew he was a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bag. Don't believe me? Check the tat on his left leg.

Kidding aside, were I in Wisconsin's situation, rivalry game or no, when I'm up by 25 (it was 41-16 after that TD) with 6 and a half minutes to go, I take my PAT and go kick off, charts be damned.

If I were Wisconsin, I would have done an onside kick following the two point conversion try!

I don't have a problem with a rival trying to rub it in, and I don't have any problem with our fan base making fun of their coach for doing it.

However that isn't what he was doing. He was following the how to coach for idoits card he carries around. Its magical powers seem not to work when he leaves Wisconsin though.

It shows BB loves the rivalry as much as we do. this is a good thing.

Your guys offense looks good, especially Weber he had a nice day on Saturday. I'm not a "fan" of the Gophers, but I do enjoy watching you guys play. If you could muster up some sort of defense, you could win a lot of these games.

Stay the course Gopher fans. You have beautiful new stadium, and like the movie says "if you build it, they will come" by they I mean recruits not old baseball dudes...but you get it.

http://www.sportspicksats.blogspot.com/

Top Bottom