PSU Fan Comments

GoldyMoose

Reaction score
Just spent a few minutes over at Black Shoe Diaries. A very passionate fan base; hundreds of comments on their beloved team. I came away with a sense of arrogance and entitlement regarding their future fortunes. I think fans of so called helmet schools (and an ugly helmet at that) believe they deserve victory based on records/schedules from the 1970s. Not every fan was this way, but here was one interchange I happened to read: "Do you think Minnesota is so bad that they can't exploit our defensive weakness? YES " Other comments on how losing to Michigan was expected, but losing to Minnesota would be embarrassing/unacceptable. Did we not pound them 2 years ago? Are we not better than 2 years ago? Are they not worse/more banged up than 2 years ago? We have a young team playing on the road, but I think we have a legitimate opportunity to do to them what we did to Michigan a couple of years ago: a physically demoralizing beatdown. Go Gophers!

They'll have to be pretty awful in order to be worse than Colorado State fans. I followed Ramnation for the last week, and those guys are so full of themselves that I felt the need to refrain from commenting on it. I've never seen a fanbase that was so sure of their team's superiority in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

At least PSU fans can remember being nationally relevant.

The PSU fans I know are nervous about everything and rightfully have no clue what to expect.

If you have never lived in that environment you don't understand. I lived in Lincoln NE for 5 years and the totality of the world that revolves around the school can't be explained until you live it. Penn St is like that as well. They are the pro team in Pennsyltucky.

I have relatives in the Penn State family and entitlement is alive and well. JoPa will forever be a saint.

Penn State fan here. There is an older vocal minority of the fan base that thinks we should be winning the same way we did in the 60's-90's. These are also the fans that think Franklin should be fired already. Most PSU fans are more realistic and understand we're still rebuilding and its not going to overnight. Any PSU fan that 100% expects to win any game, specifically against a Big 10 or power 5 school, at this point is delusional. I think most PSU fans probably feel PSU SHOULD win a close game this week (as does the Vegas line) but also wouldn't be surprised with any outcome. That's kind of where we're at week to week right now.

Penn State fan here. There is an older vocal minority of the fan base that thinks we should be winning the same way we did in the 60's-90's. These are also the fans that think Franklin should be fired already. Most PSU fans are more realistic and understand we're still rebuilding and its not going to overnight. Any PSU fan that 100% expects to win any game, specifically against a Big 10 or power 5 school, at this point is delusional. I think most PSU fans probably feel PSU SHOULD win a close game this week (as does the Vegas line) but also wouldn't be surprised with any outcome. That's kind of where we're at week to week right now.

Replace PSU with UMIN and that sums it up for me.

This game should be a toss-up and see a lot of yards on the ground by both teams.

Well when MN has been a W on most above average B1G teams schedule for the better part of 40 years what do you expect? Even in our recent years where we've been a consistent bowl team how many teams in the upper half of the conference have we beat?

Well when MN has been a W on most above average B1G teams schedule for the better part of 40 years what do you expect? Even in our recent years where we've been a consistent bowl team how many teams in the upper half of the conference have we beat?

If MN ever wins many of these fans will be insufferable.

I sure hope Claeys has that message board printed and hung in the locker room. Bulletin Board Material. Game Over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope Claeys has that message board printed and hung in the locker room. Bulletin Board Material. Game Over.

It's doubtful. Claeys seems to be focused on training his team to execute in practice and take that execution out onto the field at game time. Bulletin board material just takes the focus away from preparation and players doing their jobs.

Imagine a fan base so out of touch like PAST's that thinks the glory days of the 60's relates to the realities of 2016.

Imagine a fan base so out of touch like PAST's that thinks the glory days of the 60's relates to the realities of 2016.

Yeah. The only thing more pathetic would be a rival's fan spending hours of their free time trolling said fan base.

Yeah. The only thing more pathetic would be a rival's fan spending hours of their free time trolling said fan base.

It's his free time to do as he wishes.

It's his free time to do as he wishes.

Sure thing. I've never suggested he leave. Doesn't make it any less pathetic tho.

It was 15 minutes, actually. I was reading an article and was intrigued that they had 243 fan comments. I'm sorry I that it would take you many hours to do the same.

It was 15 minutes, actually. I was reading an article and was intrigued that they had 243 fan comments. I'm sorry I that it would take you many hours to do the same.

I was referring to the poster I quoted not you. And his efforts on this board take many many hours of effort.

I'd like to know Penn State fans opinions on James Franklin. I've always thought that he was a better recruiter than a coach, I'd like to know their thoughts.

I'd like to know Penn State fans opinions on James Franklin. I've always thought that he was a better recruiter than a coach, I'd like to know their thoughts.

Check with Pitino apologists about this phenomenon. Seriously, if we win it will crank the heat to high. I'm not saying it will happen because they have many talented players. The sanctions give him some leeway. Many USC fans gave Kiffin and then Sarkisian and now even Helton the benefit of the doubt but fan bases accustomed to winning will only tolerate 7 or 8 win seasons for so long. And part of it is how they lose. Kiffin was famously fired at the airport per urban legend after an embarrassing blowout vs Arizona State. Sometimes teams seem to quit on coaches.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words
jd-crowe-toons-c3932cc7362d4867.jpg
click on image to enlarge

Top Bottom