Props to Phil Nelson

jmag21

Reaction score
Banged up earlier in the year, lost a little luster in the eyes of certain fans, but he's come back big time. He had a great performance today, and he's giving this team great play. He's one of the main reasons for our third down performance today. He's throwing the ball well, reading defenses, and scrambling when necessary. I'd still like to see a bit more of Leidner on the change of pace, but it's tough to argue with what Nelson is giving us right now.

I was a bit surprised we didn't see Leidner at all today. I wonder if last week's fumbles had anything to do with it.

I was a bit surprised we didn't see Leidner at all today. I wonder if last week's fumbles had anything to do with it.

After the game Kill said they thought about it but with Nelson still fighting that hip pointer they couldn't. Said they didn't want to take the chance that it would stiffen-up on Nelson and hurt even worse.

After the game Kill said they thought about it but with Nelson still fighting that hip pointer they couldn't. Said they didn't want to take the chance that it would stiffen-up on Nelson and hurt even worse.

Anyone know if it might heal up pretty well over a 2-week span? He took a good lick on a hip by the sideline right before that important 4th-down conversion. That looked like it hurt.

Like I said a thousand times, let the kid throw the (#@$@ thing.

He had swagger on day one and then lost it. Just needed a vote of confidence from the staff.

Like I said a thousand times, let the kid throw the (#@$@ thing.

He had swagger on day one and then lost it. Just needed a vote of confidence from the staff.

Plus, the growth in our young receivers like Maxx, DJones, and Drew has really helped him, I think. He can sling it, secure in the knowledge that they're going to be running the correct route.

Anyone know if it might heal up pretty well over a 2-week span? He took a good lick on a hip by the sideline right before that important 4th-down conversion. That looked like it hurt.

He lingered on the ground for a second, then got up and it appeared he INTENTIONALLY didn't limp back to the huddle. Tough kid. Playing pretty well in all facets right now. He's a more significant throwing threat than I expected him to be.

Nelson's passing and the pass D were the keys to the W. We loose today if the passing game wasn't working.

Nelson has gotten better this season. He's taken a step forward. Another step or two, and he has a chance to suit up on Sundays.

We can't be any more balanced than today's game in running and passing. Nelson's the man!

Top Bottom