Projecting the Gophers Record With and Without Amir Coffey

OMG...no.
With a 100% healthy Curry and Coffey back, we still don't beat Michigan State. We still struggle against Maryland and Ohio State.
We have "potential" to be in the top 4/5, but win the B1G with the young kids, next year, no it's not going to happen. Now, keep everybody and get Suggs for 2020 and I may be with you. But, next season is not B1G championship season for the Gophers.
I like your optimism though. Just not realistic.

Cmon- the squirrel beat MSU!

Cmon- the squirrel beat MSU!
That really wasn't that bad of a team. Two good centers, depth in the backcourt, PF was a weakness there. I think that team in conference lost twice in OT, once at the buzzer and had a buzzer beater of their own overturned as well. Also won at Iowa that year as well. Squirrel did his best Lawrence Westbrook impression that night

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That really wasn't that bad of a team. Two good centers, depth in the backcourt, PF was a weakness there. I think that team in conference lost twice in OT, once at the buzzer and had a buzzer beater of their own overturned as well. Also won at Iowa that year as well. Squirrel did his best Lawrence Westbrook impression that night

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You are quite right about that! That 6-12 team lost 7 Big Ten games by 5 points or less. The problem as I recall was that they had no interior defense and rebounding. Walker, became a nice offensive player but was not good defensively, nor was King. That team could shoot with Dre Hollins, Morris, Mason, King and Walker.

Top Bottom