Preview rags hit the stands...

MOVE ON.

Again...I agree 100% I can't believe we didn't secure the Jug that day. Incredible...just incredible.

http://www.ericthrall.com/gophers/football/2003/michigan.html

31 points in the final 15 minutes? Sounds like someone quit playing for their coaches.

Darren-

That was in 2003. What we're talking about is Brewster getting beaten like a rented mule by one of the worst Michigan teams in the past 50 years. If you really want to compare 2003 to 2008, at least we had a chance to win in 2003 and should have. No excuse for not winning that game. In 2008, against a terrible Michigan team we got thrashed. At home. That had NOTHING to do with 2003.

I don't disagree with your point that Mason's teams had some monumental meltdowns, but we fired him for that, finally. When Maturi was bungling his way through the hiring process, the last thought on my mind was that he'd solve that problem by brining in someone who wouldn't even show up so we couldn't lose big leads.

Maturi made a mistake. It's up to Brewster to prove it was a mistake worth making. We're getting better players. What will we do with them? Is the way Jack Simmons blossomed under Brewster is a glimpse of things to come? I mean, a TE coach is really the only experience he had, so we really can't expect that kind of meteoric success to be everywhere in only two years.

By the arguments of the folks on this board, we shouldn't expect much this year, what with brand new coordinators and all. It takes time to learn the spread. I mean the pro-set offense. And three DCs in three years? How can Brewster expect to build a program this way?

I suppose rather than take a critical look at his performance, we can just blame Mason for the bad hires at OC and DC/lack of ability to keep Roof here have to date defined the Brewster era -- more so than the recruiting, unfortunately.

And while we're at it. What point of 55-0 is lose little? I guess playing one of the most anemic offenses in the big ten at home is a recipe to give up 55 points. Or maybe Brewster just let Mason call that game for old times sake. That must have been it. If Brewster would have not been so nice to Glen, we'd have won that game going away.

We've got enough problems without hanging on to the ones we fired. Move on.

The preview mags are fun, but I wouldn't take them seriously. The predictions are fun when you're hungry for football to start. If they predict the Gophers too low, I get to enjoy some righteous indignation, which is always fun.

Darren-

That was in 2003. What we're talking about is Brewster getting beaten like a rented mule by one of the worst Michigan teams in the past 50 years. If you really want to compare 2003 to 2008, at least we had a chance to win in 2003 and should have. No excuse for not winning that game. In 2008, against a terrible Michigan team we got thrashed. At home. That had NOTHING to do with 2003.

I don't disagree with your point that Mason's teams had some monumental meltdowns, but we fired him for that, finally. When Maturi was bungling his way through the hiring process, the last thought on my mind was that he'd solve that problem by brining in someone who wouldn't even show up so we couldn't lose big leads.

Maturi made a mistake. It's up to Brewster to prove it was a mistake worth making. We're getting better players. What will we do with them? Is the way Jack Simmons blossomed under Brewster is a glimpse of things to come? I mean, a TE coach is really the only experience he had, so we really can't expect that kind of meteoric success to be everywhere in only two years.

By the arguments of the folks on this board, we shouldn't expect much this year, what with brand new coordinators and all. It takes time to learn the spread. I mean the pro-set offense. And three DCs in three years? How can Brewster expect to build a program this way?

I suppose rather than take a critical look at his performance, we can just blame Mason for the bad hires at OC and DC/lack of ability to keep Roof here have to date defined the Brewster era -- more so than the recruiting, unfortunately.

And while we're at it. What point of 55-0 is lose little? I guess playing one of the most anemic offenses in the big ten at home is a recipe to give up 55 points. Or maybe Brewster just let Mason call that game for old times sake. That must have been it. If Brewster would have not been so nice to Glen, we'd have won that game going away.

We've got enough problems without hanging on to the ones we fired. Move on.

Mason competed with lack of talent. That scenario would never get you to the top of the big ten. It may win you some close games but over time you will lose more than win. Brewster has been less than average with better talent. But the possibility for better things exists. Which would you prefer. Pretty obvious to me.

Prove to me that this brewster has possibility. The only way to do this is for him to start winning a heck of a lot of Big Ten football games. He looked pretty "IMPOSSIBLE" while being disected/bisected/everything except respected in the iowa and Michigan games in 2008. I have GOT to start seeing a lot of Big Ten wins coming from his system before I see any possibility coming from this brewster. Has he figured out what his system is yet? I don't know what the heck this brewster has been doing during his frist two seasons. Now he has junked his offense that he threw the first season away for...you know, that dunbar spread thing that he needed all his "OWN" players to play with. Now, he is finally going to the offense he SHOULD have run the first year he was here. He just doesn't seem to know if he is coming or going or going or coming. He needs to win Big Ten football games...that is why he is supposed to be here. The last 5 games of the 2008 season were really very discouraging. Who is in charge? Who is responsible? Is this that brewster who came here that didn't recruit that first class in February of 2007 or is this that brewster that was bashed by iowa by a 55-0 score? Or, is this that brewster that the brewster apologists are always praising and making excuses for? Will this real brewster please stand up and/or show up for Big Ten Game Day Saturdays? The 2009 season brings us the new stadium. It is SHOW TIME! Let's have a great 2009 Big Ten Football Season! Kick the Big Ten's collective butts brewster! I am ready to celebrate a season I will never forget. It is up to you brewster. Get it done!

Prove to me that this brewster has possibility. The only way to do this is for him to start winning a heck of a lot of Big Ten football games.

Finally an original thought. Wait, you've been posting the same thing for over a year and a half.

maximus, I keep waiting, and asking for Big Ten Football wins because he hasn't won very many Big Ten football games. So, I keep asking him to win Big Ten football games. You don't want a lot of Big Ten football wins? When he shows me he can win a lot of Big Ten football games, I will know he can do it. Until then, what has this brewster shown me...or any of us lately? This will be his third season, you know. Time waits for NO coach...

I gotta be honest I don't even read your text.

funny-pictures-care-o-meter-cat.jpg

maximus, I keep waiting, and asking for Big Ten Football wins because he hasn't won very many Big Ten football games. So, I keep asking him to win Big Ten football games. You don't want a lot of Big Ten football wins? When he shows me he can win a lot of Big Ten football games, I will know he can do it. Until then, what has this brewster shown me...or any of us lately? This will be his third season, you know. Time waits for NO coach...

You ask for Big Ten wins in October. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in November. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in December. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in January. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in February. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in March. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in April. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in May.

What are you going to ask for in June?

Well then, name the last coach that had "lots of BT football wins"? It's been a long time yeah?

Funny, you mentioned previously about "New blood will help energize this Great University". Well, Brewster surely fits for that.

You ask for Big Ten wins in October. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in November. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in December. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in January. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in February. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in March. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in April. Then you ask for Big Ten wins in May.

What are you going to ask for in June?

He has a point (it's on top of his head, or course). Brewster has not won a single Big Ten game since last season! Brewster is going to have to start winning games in the off-season.

Funny there wasn't a peep of complaint from you about the previous coach.

Big Ten wins:
97 1-7
98 2-6
99 5-3
00 4-4
01 2-6
02 3-5
03 5-3
04 3-5
05 4-4
06 3-5

Average Big Ten record 3.2 wins and 4.8 losses. He also had only three wins in his first two seasons.

I've been gone a while, nice to see Wren is back. 197 posts when did he sign up yesterday?

If this brewster can't even keep up with Mason, he deserves a LOT of heat headed his way. He HAS to win five Big Ten games in 2009 just to keep up with the pathetic, fired and bought out Mason record. Keep the pressure on this brewster to win at least 5 Big Ten games in 2009. Go ahead and extend him for another ten years, but, keep the pressure on him to win a LOT of Big Ten football games...at least as many as the failed, fired and bought out Mason. Mason did get all that money to go away though. prexy b and this maturi are always good for lots of buy out money. That's for sure!

You never compained that Mason's record was "pathetic" until now. We aren't talking about extending Brewster for 10 years, but even the most ardent supporters of Brewster realize it is too soon to make a judgement. Only one of his recruiting classes has seen the field yet.

You are a Gopher fan in the same sense that a dog is a fan of a fire hydrant.

After 2 full seasons on the playing fields: we KNOW that this brewster has been confused about a lot of aspects of what HIS philosophy of the game is. All those departed coordinaotrs help tell the tale. Be blind if you wish. I will nopt be blind to what I see now that we have the stadium. Put the fire to this brewster and to this maturi and to this prexy b. IF there are not at least five wins in the 2009 season, this brewster has not even lived up to the failed, fired and bought out Mason. Blindness is bliss????? Is that your line rodentrampage????? You apologists are always trying to go back to Mason. In fact, that is one good reason that the reality of what this brewster character is doing must be discussed from time to time. You people always try to bad-mouth the former coach. You people always bring that Mason up. (He did get ALL that money from maturi and prexy b didn't he. What do you think of that? Was that a good move by prexy b and maturi?)

And, shame on you, rodentramp. You are trying to live up to your reputation as a "fire hydrant" it would appear.

I gotta be honest, wren is the only one I have on ignore. Now if i could find a way to get all the replies to his posts on ignore it would be doubly better.

I gotta be honest, wren is the only one I have on ignore. Now if i could find a way to get all the replies to his posts on ignore it would be doubly better.

I have had the same exact thought. He is also the only one I have on ignore. It seems like a lot of negativity on this forum could be avoided if more people used the ignore function.

Top Bottom