Predict the Score Thread - Week 6: Michigan at Minnesota

I want the Gophers to win but 1 out of 10 times would be the likely odds of the Gophers having a chance. We will need to see Michigan turn the ball over like Syracuse/ Donnovan McNabb did and Tryone Carter scoop type fumbles luck for the Gophs.

I predict that yes, there will be scoring.

To paraphrase a newspaper blurb from 30+ years ago: "I have noticed that whenever the Pistons score 100 points or more, and hold their opponent to fewer than 100 points, the Pistons almost always win."

So that encapsulates my advice to PJ Fleck.

Minnesota 21
Michigan 20
The game is ugly for the Gophers early and they get down 20-0 going into the 4th. There is about 9 minutes left and the Wolverines call timeout. During the timeout Harbough tells McCarthy to audible if he has too...McCarthy does and throws it right to Tyler Nubin who scores a touchdown. Michigan goes three and out on the next two drives and Darius Tayor scores the the next two touchdowns for the Gophs with the last one with 10 seconds left!

What I would bet on:
Michigan 49
Minnesota 17

What I am dreaming about:
Michigan 24
Minnesota 30

A lot to a little. U of M.

Michigan 45
Minnesota 13

Last edited:

Michigan 38
Minnesota 20

37-6 Michigan.

Gophers will have multiple 3 and outs trying to play conservative thinking keeping Michigan's offense off the field will be the best way to win this game.

If I were me I would spread it out and throw the ball all over. Get the ball to the backs in some open field with passes. Would also blitz the heck out of them and throw in all kind of different coverages. We have zero chance if we play these guys straight up.

Michigan 42
Minnesota 6

It won't sting as bad when Michigan faces Oregon in the National Championship game.

MI: 21
MN: 24

Walk off field goal win it.

Michigan - A lot
Minnesota - A little

Minnesota drop to 2-26 in the last 28 of the Little Brown Jug. I don't see any way that Minnesota can pull this out unless Michigan's whole team got food poisoning.

I'll be the third person to guess Michigan 38 Minnesota 10.

But in my heart Gophers 30 Wolverines 28 on a last second Dragan 52 yard field goal.

a way or course taken in getting from a starting point to a destination? Interesting. I’m thinking it will be a rout.
I changed my mind and route. The destination ends in a Gold victory and Gophers upset.

Last edited:

Top Bottom