Predict the Score Thread: Week 4 - Minnesota at Northwestern

Team will take its frustrations out on rudderless Wildcats!
MN 38
NW 10
The “rudderless” Wildcats have scored 8 offensive TDs in 3 games. The Gophers have scored a total of 4 offensive TDs in 3 games. Of our paltry 4 TDs, only 1 has been by passing. (By comparison, in 2019 after 3 games, the Gophs had scored 13 offensive TDs of which 6 were by passing.) Only one team in all of FBS football (130 teams) has scored fewer TDs than the Gophers through three games. I think we will beat NW, but it is almost unfathomable how ineffective our passing offense has been to date. This is a big game for the Gophers because it is time for the offense—specifically the passing game—to tighten up and score some TDs.

Last edited:

Team will take its frustrations out on rudderless Wildcats!

The “rudderless” Wildcats have scored 8 offensive TDs in 3 games. The Gophers have scored a total of 4 offensive TDs in 3 games. Of our paltry 4 TDs, only 1 has been by passing. (By comparison, in 2019 after 3 games, the Gophs had scored 13 offensive TDs of which 6 were by passing.) Only one team in all of FBS football (130 teams) has scored fewer TDs than the Gophers through three games. I think we will beat NW, but it is almost unfathomable how ineffective our passing offense has been to date. This is a big game for the Gophers because it is time for the offense—specifically the passing game—to tighten up and score some TDs.
NW scored 5 of those tds against UTEP which I fully expect Minnesota to score at least that many against.

The fact remains that there's no clear leadership at the top of the program. That's what I mean by rudderless.

NW scored 5 of those tds against UTEP which I fully expect Minnesota to score at least that many against.

The fact remains that there's no clear leadership at the top of the program. That's what I mean by rudderless.
I get your rudderless comment; I was just having some fun. I suppose we’ll know tomorrow if NW is as hapless as GHs seem uniformly believe. I think we will win. Not sure we score 5+ TDs against UTEP (unless AK begins to complete some downfield passes). We only scored 2 TDs against Eastern Michigan, neither by passing. Eastern Michigan is 109th in total defense after 3 games; UTEP stands at 88th. Let’s hope for an offensive breakout game against NW. Go Gophers.

Last edited:

For the 4th consecutive week, we had no one predict the score correctly.

Top Bottom