Predict the Score Thread: Week 3 - Minnesota at North Carolina

Not sure I can pick a score until we know if Lindenberg is playing. If he does, we win by a td. If he doesn't I think we lose by a FG. If him and Mav are out I think it could be ugly.

This game is a shootout. Gophers let the ball fly, Rossi defense is good against a high powered offense limiting them to 24 points. Place kickers are exhausted after the game, all points scored are field goals except 3 TDs and their extra pints. A shocking 11 field goals by the two teams combined.
Gophers 30, NC 24

Last edited:

1Q: MIN 3, UNC 7
2Q: MIN 13, UNC 17
3Q: MIN 20, UNC 17
FINAL: MIN 30, UNC 24

Fleck and crew focus on draining the clock and keeping the ball out of Maye’s hands as much as possible, and while the defense lets a few go early they adapt fast and hold the Tar Heels to seven points in the second half. A solid pass game keeps the UNC defense on their toes, and the offensive line starts to mesh as they dominate a non-physical D line.

Minnesota 27
North Carolina 17

I'm going to go with my gut...

Gophers 43
Tar Heels 0

I'm really torn on this one. I'm usually overly optimistic about the Gophers, but all the hoopla around UNC and Maye makes me think they're a juggernaut that will thrash the 6 point spread over the Gophs. The Gophs inconsistent offense hasn't helped that notion. On the other hand, UNC is defensively giving up almost 200 yards per game MORE THAN THE GOPHERS. The Tar Heel defense is terrible.

UNC 24
Gophs 21
Media in Carolina is all over them for not being able to stop the run. I could see Taylor run all day on them and huge Gophs TOP advantage.

Fleck
Not sure I can pick a score until we know if Lindenberg is playing. If he does, we win by a td. If he doesn't I think we lose by a FG. If him and Mav are out I think it could be ugly.
Fleck said maverick is fine

UNC 32
Gophers 23
Their QB is just too good for our D to stop them. I hope that I am wrong.

Last edited:

I am not sure of the score but we kick a field goal at the end to win.

To much QB Fumbles become our problem.
NC 35
Gophers 10

Minnesota 26
North Carolina 21

Gophers win with 42 minutes of ball possession. 4 field goals and a pick six.

UNC 32
Gophers 23
Their QB is just too good for our D to stop them.
I've had Dengue fever before in Thailand. I can understand why the crazy thought of that can happen. But you have people here that can help....... Joking of course. Just having fun.

I've had Dengue fever before in Thailand. I can understand why the crazy thought of that can happen. But you have people here that can help....... Joking of course. Just having fun.
Well if you have had breakbone fever it is not funny. Glad that you have recovered!

Bad Guys
34-16

Not sold on the O-line in a hostile environment - hope I'm dead wrong!

Top Bottom