Predict the Score Thread: Minnesota at Illinois

The Gophers are favored. Illinois will be a tough battle.

Illinois 21
Minnesota 10. Unfortunately - Illinois. defensive line will eat up our offensive line. Less than 100 yds. rushing. Morgan can’t win it alone.

I hope you're wrong but I definitely believe that you could be right. No Power 5 team has come close to 100 rushing yards against Illinois this year and we know how the Gophers struggle when they can't get anything from the running game. All four Power 5 teams had more than 30 passing attempts against Illinois this season (Indiana had 52!). Tanner is 2-7 in starts where he threw more than 30 passes and 29-6 when he threw less than 30 passes.

Slopperknocker game. Gophers 10-7 with Trickett making up for Purdue miss.

I'll take Minnesota 13-6. No one will score much in this game.

Minnesota 28, Illinois 24. OT.
I get messed up on the rules. If team A scores a FG in OT, and team B scores a TD on its possession, is Team B obligated by rule to attempt the extra point, or is the game simply over at the TD?

Minnesota 17 Illinois 13. The extra week the Gophers had to game plan will make the difference.

Minnesota 16-Illinois 13. Going to be a heck of a battle.

MN 17-10. Going to be a real slow pace of game type of outing. Wouldn't shock me to see 10-7 either.

MN - 3
ILL - 2

A defense showdown where ILL sacks TM in the end zone for a safety and Trickett nails a 54 yarder with 3 seconds left for the win! An epic game where we all will need cigarettes after 4 hours of screaming!

Top Bottom