Predict position strengths for 23.

It’s becoming ever more clear that Rockraven is simply the latest version of AI chatbot that was programmed for “hyper positive”
He was unleashed on the Gopherhole to fill the message board dead period of the late offseason.

Either chatbot or Johnson’s personal publicist.

OP is going to be disappointed when they win the championship by 26 because they underperformed.

With Hawkins and Mitchell, many expect the PG position to be improved and offer more options for Ben. I have watched video's on both players, but more on Hawkins.

Hawkins has some upside, is quick, agressive, can make 3's, is OK on FT's, decent assists but has a history of turnovers which may be related in part to the style of play at Howard. Yet he is very intriguing and seems to thrive in a faster paced game which is not BIG style.

My concern is that he lacks a typical BIG PG physical profile being short and thin. Especially on D. I have concerns that he will be unable to fight through screens and also not be able to ward off bigger and more physical PG's on the dribble. He offers little or no help defending the lane area and on the boards.

Mitchell seems to have a more typical PG profile, plays more controlled than Hawkins, is still a bit undersized, lacks Hawkins quicks and seems to be an average defender.

With their different skills sets, I think both should be able to manage 7-10pg and are capable of jump starting the offense. But I do have concerns on the D side but hedge they will be more effective than Cooper.

I am aware of the "warts" that Cooper had and overall he and Samuels weren't what we need to be competitive in the BIG. I think our PG's will be an upgrade

I know Asuma is a year away but he seems to be the type of PG that can get the Gophers to the next level compared to what we now have.

Last edited:

Top Bottom