Pre-season thoughts

#93fanclub

Reaction score
I have my tickets for MTSU and my hotel room reserved in Nashville. I'm excited for the season to begin, but in a different way than the previous Brewster years. No more hype. I'm over the disappointment of last year. I feel a certain peacefullness and confidence about the season. As much as I whined and hollered to replace Weber at QB last year, I'll concede that he is our best QB at this point, so the all-time leading passer will lead us into his Senior season. I hope he has a great year and that all of our talented athletes will come together. I hope we can avoid arrests and allegations of wrongdoing and that everyone will go to class whenever possible. I hope someone steps up at RB and that we bust a few returns for TD's. I've got a new girlfriend and she's willing to learn about my Gopher fb addiction. I want to thank all of the players for their hard work and dedication to the program. I hope that the coaches can come up with some winning strategies. God bless our stadium and The Gopher Nation. See you in Murfreesboro.

I second everything you said and I'll be there too!

I too am at peace with this season. Brewster seemed pretty humbled at the signing day event. I wish I could go to Murfreesboro, but I have a huge week at work. Success or failure this year really depends on how hard the players and coaches prepare. If the rhetoric is to be believe they should be decent.

This season is all about momentum and we need to start the season strong. I wish I could make it down to the first game but I will be at all the home games for sure. Weber looks and acts like a 5th year QB this year. He seems a lot more confident and in better shape. We need to have some WR and RB emerge this year and the o-line needs to step it up. The d-line looks to solid and some young guys are ready to step it up in the secondary. Prediction: Stoudermire will take a couple back for TD's this year! I can't wait for the season to start and the tailgaiting to begin. Go Gophers!

It feels like an overwhelming sense that we finally have a starting point. We finally have the kind of team we've been waiting for. Something we can really build off. It does feel different this year. I don't know if we're going to come out better, or if we'll still need to pull things together, but I think we've got something worth paying attention to.

It feels like an overwhelming sense that we finally have a starting point. We finally have the kind of team we've been waiting for. Something we can really build off. It does feel different this year. I don't know if we're going to come out better, or if we'll still need to pull things together, but I think we've got something worth paying attention to.

I agree, this is the starting point. I think because there isn't a 'star' like a Decker or Maroney on this team that alot of people are ho hum about the upcoming season. I love the way our defense is shaping up....even though we lost quite a few starters, Brew did a nice job rotating in guys like Cooper, Tinsley, Wilhite, and Jacobs to give them the experience to step in without missing a beat. On both sides of the ball we are experienced. On both sides of the ball we basically have the same position coaches that Brew brought in on day 1. Sure Cosgrove and Horton are relatively new, but the comfort that players have with the Butlers, Hammocks, and Lee's of the world will start paying their dividends.

See you in Murfreesboro

Gopherfaith and I will be there! We will beat the Raiders like a dusty rug!

Wow!! I wonder if I'm on the right page. So far positive and upbeat!! Way to go! Lets keep it this way all yr.???????

Top Bottom