Pre-game activities

GopherVet67

Reaction score
My family and I are coming up from Texas for the Iowa game. I was wondering if anyone has done the Club Cambria tailgate. Was looking at it as we have two younger kids ( their first game) I’m not sure how they will handle the weather. Also If anyone else has other ideas for pre-game activities I would appreciate suggestions. We are also planning to do the victory walk. Thank you for y’all’s time.

Others can confirm this but I think the alumni center and possibly Mariucci and/or Williams arena hve pregame activities - these are inside which might have lower hassle factor for the kids - there is also BW3 if you get there early enough to get in and get a table

Others can confirm this but I think the alumni center and possibly Mariucci and/or Williams arena hve pregame activities - these are inside which might have lower hassle factor for the kids - there is also BW3 if you get there early enough to get in and get a table
I've popped into the alumni center 2 or 3 times this year and they have drinks but no food inside. They sometimes have food trucks outside. But there is just a bunch of tables and a giant projection tv inside. It will be warm but it's not "fun".

Also you have to get to the campus bars super early to get a table inside (I'm guessing 3 hours or so since everytime I try when I get there 2 hours early there's a giant line to get in).

My family and I are coming up from Texas for the Iowa game. I was wondering if anyone has done the Club Cambria tailgate. Was looking at it as we have two younger kids ( their first game) I’m not sure how they will handle the weather. Also If anyone else has other ideas for pre-game activities I would appreciate suggestions. We are also planning to do the victory walk. Thank you for y’all’s time.
To directly answer your question, I have not tried that tailgate. I've been in what is now the Cambria club before via the Goalline Club, but not at a tailgate in that room. Not sure, but I think you have access during the game if you spring for outdoor louge seats? Several years ago, I sprung for those seats for Mother and Father in-law. Father in law didn't go into the club room🤦‍♂️

An indoor option could be the Goalline club if they have openings. They are child friendly and great hosts!

Try the Goalline Club:

Goalline Club-Tailgate

Goalline Club - Contact Us

I mostly scout out weaker fans who I can eat if things get really bad. Gotta be prepared.

I think some people are talking about different things. Are you talking about the event at the Alumni Center, or you have premium seats and have access to Club Cambria?

https://www.umnalumni.org/s/1867/18/interior-wide.aspx?sid=1867&gid=2&pgid=1642
Definitely don’t have premium seats but I got an email to purchase ticket to the cambria club tailgate. Do you need premium seats to purchase these tickets? Only reason I’m entertaining them is for the access to heat. Been a while since I have endured 10 degree weather.

To directly answer your question, I have not tried that tailgate. I've been in what is now the Cambria club before via the Goalline Club, but not at a tailgate in that room. Not sure, but I think you have access during the game if you spring for outdoor louge seats? Several years ago, I sprung for those seats for Mother and Father in-law. Father in law didn't go into the club room🤦‍♂️

An indoor option could be the Goalline club if they have openings. They are child friendly and great hosts!

Try the Goalline Club:

Goalline Club-Tailgate

Goalline Club - Contact Us
Thanks will look into it

Definitely don’t have premium seats but I got an email to purchase ticket to the cambria club tailgate. Do you need premium seats to purchase these tickets? Only reason I’m entertaining them is for the access to heat. Been a while since I have endured 10 degree weather.
Ok, didn’t realize this was a thing. Didn’t mean to confuse anybody. Looks like you have to leave 90 mins prior to kickoff. Assume you can’t leave the stadium and come back, so you’d be stuck hanging out in the stadium for 90 mins prior to kickoff??

https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi...etics&shopperContext=&caller=PS&appCode=&psc=

Welcome back to MN! I hope you have a great time and the weather isn't too bad. Watch the forecast and over dress for it.

Welcome back to MN! I hope you have a great time and the weather isn't too bad. Watch the forecast and over dress for it.
L-A-Y-E-R-S!!! and hand/ foot warmers.

91RmQzKenOL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Thanks. My sons birthday gift and first game at the bank. Just picked up the hand warmers and will be packing the Carhartts. And to think I almost got rid of all my sub-zero gear. Lol

Last edited:

Top Bottom