Practices open to the public

gbbfan

Reaction score
I've never been to a Gopher practice. I plan on attending the Monday practice.

Help me out:

Is it worth it? Are there any rules once you are there? Can I bring my iPhone in?
Are roster's handed out so we can identify the players?

Does the light rail come close as all to the practice complex?

Thanks for any info you can send my way!

Does the light rail come close as all to the practice complex?

I can't really answer because I've never been to one. But the answer to this is decidedly no. It's about a 15-25 minute walk across campus and down 15th Ave depending on how fast you walk.

Practice. Attending? Yes, it is sooo worth it. Up close. Rare opportunity. I had to pull my son out of the way to avoid a huge hit once. I have been to many and have never been disappointed.

Regarding the walk from the nearest LRT stop, I have to disagree with BJN. Of course, everyone has different tolerances. I'd say that unless you're under 5'6" tall, weigh more than three bills, and your motto is "more than a block, too far to walk," you should have no problem. Besides, it'll give you and a chance to take in part of campus and dinkey town.

Regarding the walk from the nearest LRT stop, I have to disagree with BJN. Of course, everyone has different tolerances. I'd say that unless you're under 5'6" tall, weigh more than three bills, and your motto is "more than a block, too far to walk," you should have no problem. Besides, it'll give you and a chance to take in part of campus and dinkey town.

It is a little bit of a hike but it is also a very nice walk through the heart of the campus. From the East Bank station you go almost directly north to University and 15th Avenue. There if you need a rest you can stop at the McDonald's. Then it is only two or three blocks more north of there on 15th. Do it! It should be a lot of fun. As far as the rules, they should have a list for you when you sign in at the complex. Nothing complicated or onerous.

I didn't say it isn't walkable. I do that walk atleast twice daily. But I wouldn't call the lightrail close. Personally, I think it would have been much better to route the lightrail through dinky rather than down Washington.

Top Bottom