ACC (3-8)

Notre Dame (3-0)
SEC (4-2)
Pac 12 (5-4)
Big XII (3-3)
BYU (1-1)
B1G (7-8)
ACC (3-8)

So, through three weeks of the season, the 14 teams in SEC have combined to play a grand total of six NC Power 5 opponents? That's pitiful.

SEC

So, through three weeks of the season, the 14 teams in SEC have combined to play a grand total of six NC Power 5 opponents? That's pitiful.

A few of the SEC's NC Power 5 opponents are rivalry games that are played at the end of the season (Fla-Fla St, Ga-Ga Tech, Clem-SC & Lou-Kentucky)

To be fair, each SEC team has played one or two conference games already. I don't believe any other conferences have (besides the Penn State/Rutgers game which was scheduled as a non-conference game in advance of Rutgers joining the Big Ten)

4 more for the B1G coming this week.

Indiana @ Wake Forest
Maryland @ West Virginia
BYU @ Michigan
Kansas @ Rutgers (this one's a beauty)

SEC has 1 this week, LSU @ Syracuse. I believe this is SEC's first true road game vs. the Power 5.

BYU has claim to the toughest schedule so far. Nebraska in Lincoln, Boise State at Home, UCLA in Pasadena, and now on the road to Michigan. 2-1 currently and I think ranked 21st. But if they continue to win they will certainly meet strength of schedule for an independent.

Top Bottom