Potential AD Thread

4four4

Reaction score
Is there anyway we can just have one thread for potential AD's?

Great idea, I'll start a thread!

13973699.jpg

I disagree. I want 5,432 different threads on this topic. It gives me something to do.

Retirement is great.

I think Jim Fiore at Stony Brook is a good choice. He has experience as an AD, his resume at Stony Brook is impressive, and he's worked with Kaler.

There are other potential candidates who don't have an AD background. Such people have done well at other schools, but I'd feel better with someone who knows how to be an AD. There will be a learning curve with someone who doesn't have an AD background. And who will help them through that learning curve? Why, it will be Mister Special Projects, Joel Maturi. If you don't like Maturi, then someone experienced makes more sense.

Is there anyway we can just have one thread for potential AD's?

Why?

Is the ultimate goal to have only:

one football thread

one basketball thread

one off topic thread

Why?

Is the ultimate goal to have only:

one football thread

one basketball thread

one off topic thread

Then this site would be just like Gopher Puck Live, with one multi-page thread for every topic. Its impossible to read anything on that site unless you are there multiple times per day. Good luck posting something new because 10 people will tell you it is already being discussed in a 10 page thread in X.

Sorry for the threadjack, just a beef I have with GPL.

Having posts of one topic put into one thread is more efficient than a dozen threads on the same subject. Having a dozen threads on the same subject also drives posts off the front page. Having one thread for all football posts would be a problem because it would be highly inefficient, you could only find posts on a given subject with quite a lot of searching.

I Have to agree...

GPL is a nightmare to check occationally. This site is much more user friendly. Plus, you don't have to kiss Jupiter's ass and tell him who great he is either.

Then this site would be just like Gopher Puck Live, with one multi-page thread for every topic. Its impossible to read anything on that site unless you are there multiple times per day. Good luck posting something new because 10 people will tell you it is already being discussed in a 10 page thread in X.

Sorry for the threadjack, just a beef I have with GPL.

Right, there is certainly a cut off point for these things. My problem on GPL is, for example, any talk of a Gopher player in the NHL gets directed to one thread. Cade Fairchild gets called up to the Blues and you want to start a thread? Oh no, that goes in the Gophers in the pros thread. Threads don't need to be treated and limited as forums.

Top Bottom