Postseason

"Home ice advantage" is a lot more about the lack of travel and the familiarity of the rink than fans anyway. When you're on the ice you really tune out crowd noise for the most part.
No I get you as a player, but UMass doesn’t play in that rink either. The lack of travel is fair
"Home ice advantage" is a lot more about the lack of travel and the familiarity of the rink than fans anyway. When you're on the ice you really tune out crowd noise for the most part.

Michigan Tech holding their own. 1-1 after 1. I expect BC to open the floodgates in the next 40 minutes but if MTU somehow pulls this off it may be the biggest upset in tournament history.

1-1 end of 1 with Tech and BC. Tech frustrating the hell out of BC for most of the period

Michigan Tech holding their own. 1-1 after 1. I expect BC to open the floodgates in the next 40 minutes but if MTU somehow pulls this off it may be the biggest upset in tournament history.
certainly could happen, but awful lot of guys for BC look unprepared for how to handle the trap and physicality, which if they win they will see twice this weekend. Tech laying out the template for how to beat them

All three Big Ten teams playing today losing would be a bad look for the conference.

The lack of Minnesota teams in the Tournament is really disappointing. What has happened to UMD, SCSU, MSU and Bemidji?

Is the talent just getting spread to thin?
SCSU and UMD play in a super tough conference. Bemidji lost to Michigan Tech in the ccha finals and Minnesota State still trying to find their identity after Mike Hastings. Also only a matter of time before St.Thomas becomes the next ASU.

Mike Hastings, who I’m told is a vastly superior coach to Bob Motzko, is now 2-7 in first round NCAA games.

Michigan looks very "meh" for 50 minutes, but looks like the 1970's Soviet Olympic team for 10 minutes. Enough to win the game.

Michigan looks very "meh" for 50 minutes, but looks like the 1970's Soviet Olympic team for 10 minutes. Enough to win the game.
They are an odd team. If they play their best I think they can win the title, but if they play their worst every team in this tourney can blow them out

Not often you say this but thank you, Michigan.
They are an odd team. If they play their best I think they can win the title, but if they play their worst every team in this tourney can blow them out
Second part is true for every team.

I’m nervous as hell for BU, but there’s a certain sense of relief knowing that UND or UW won’t be raising the trophy in St Paul
1000%. Last night was surreal though. I actually found myself cheering out loud for Michigan. And. of course, I cannot stand them. I have never cheated on my wife, but this is what that must feel like. I will ask for forgiveness at church this weekend.

Nobody is gonna blow out BC unless 50% of the team is sick or in an accident and unable to suit up.

Mike Hastings, who I’m told is a vastly superior coach to Bob Motzko, is now 2-7 in first round NCAA games.
I will be watching the portal now. I have a feeling that several Badger players are going to show up there ASAP. Just a gut feeling.

True, they just seem to have some of the largest variances in their level of play. Maybe because I see them more than other teams.

The UND player who injured himself going for a cheap hit at the end if the game...

I don't cheer for injuries but HAHAHAHA

Listened to the David Carle CHN podcast about moving regionals to campus. Oh, my word. He absolutely SHIT on Wodon.

For all the hand wringing that goes on about the perceived weakness of the Big Ten, the breakdown of teams left tells a different story:

Big Ten: 3
Hockey East: 2
ECAC: 2
NCHC: 1

For all the hand wringing that goes on about the perceived weakness of the Big Ten, the breakdown of teams left tells a different story:

Big Ten: 3
Hockey East: 2
ECAC: 2
NCHC: 1
I think the Big Ten has had three in the last 8 the last three years? So yes, they've performed well lately.

Listened to the David Carle CHN podcast about moving regionals to campus. Oh, my word. He absolutely SHIT on Wodon.
1. Excuse my ignorance. But who is Wodon?
2. Is Carle for or against moving regionals to campus?

Thanks

1. Excuse my ignorance. But who is Wodon?
2. Is Carle for or against moving regionals to campus?

Thanks
very pro on campus. Wodon is a writer for CHN who has been in favor of staying at neutral sites

Top Bottom