Post-Game Thread (Michigan)

I realize I'm just a spectator, but Andre and Austin have been so disappointing this year. We expected to return one of the better back courts in the country. They have been mediocre all year and simply awful when we have needed them most this year.

Their play is the difference between a tournament bid or sitting on the couch.

I realize I'm just a spectator, but Andre and Austin have been so disappointing this year. We expected to return one of the better back courts in the country. They have been mediocre all year and simply awful when we have needed them most this year. Their play is the difference between a tournament bid or sitting on the couch.

Austin has been the best player on the team up to this point ...

Austin Hollins has basically moved to the 3(even the 4 at times) spot and worked on rebounding and some interior defense per Pitino. His shooting has been off at times, but basically he is doing what he's been asked to.

Andre Hollins on the other hand is not the player he was last year. Something is wrong.

Sometimes guys don't like to be moved from being on the ball to being off the ball. Not saying that is the case with Andre, but I've seen other guys (Jamar Butler) have a down year after being moved off the ball following a couple of years playing the point, just harder to get confidence and get in a rhythm when you're used to playing with the ball more.

Sometimes guys don't like to be moved from being on the ball to being off the ball. Not saying that is the case with Andre, but I've seen other guys (Jamar Butler) have a down year after being moved off the ball following a couple of years playing the point, just harder to get confidence and get in a rhythm when you're used to playing with the ball more.

+1 That's the way I see it also. 14 games is not a small sample size. Last season Dre had some success at the 2, because he knew the play was being set up for him and the ball was coming his way. The only way around it I see, is run plays for Dre to try to get him off early. Actually the same should be done for EE, but he'll have to wait his turn.

Top Bottom