Post Game Thread: Gophers Look Abysmal in Home Loss to Badgers

Pj the p word. My god when will he learn up a touchdown 4th and 2 from the 43 he punts. That was game to me. Find a transfer qb this he is not it. We averaged 140 yards passing a game on 52% passing. That is not going to work in 2023.

I'm normally sad when the season is over and then can't wait for next year to come.

This year I'm glad it's over and can wait for next year to come.
Agreed. I just don't see much on this team to be excited about for next year. Another large exodus in the transfer portal this offseason.

Going to be an interesting offseason.

Coaching staff needs to figure out if they are going to stay committed to this QB or move on. Need to hit the portal to add talent and depth to the roster.

Lastly, and maybe even the most interesting is how many players on the roster bail and hit the portal themselves.

Going to be an interesting offseason.

Coaching staff needs to figure out if they are going to stay committed to this QB or move on. Need to hit the portal to add talent and depth to the roster.

Lastly, and maybe even the most interesting is how many players on the roster bail and hit the portal themselves.
O-line can't pass block and the receivers rarely get open.

Go get a different qb. It won't matter in the least.

Is it time to beat St. Thomas to the punch, move to the Big East and focus on basketball and hockey?

It feels like the second half of the season we turned into Iowa North, except without the excellent defense and special teams

One of the worst seasons of Gopher football I've seen since starting in 2010. Even those early Kill seasons were better because it felt like we were getting better little-by-little. This was just boring and painful.

We do not seem to make any halftime adjustments, and things seem to get worse in the 2nd half of games. The last 2 games, the first play (in the 2nd half) by Ohio State and Wisconsin, were very long runs. Something is off with this team.

Awful. 14-14 and Athan playing well in first half. Have the ball at midfield 3rd and 5 and PJ runs it with just over a minute left in the half. He forced WI to use a timeout - success in his mind. Go for it!!
Gophers were under-manned and lacked depth, and talent to continue to get stops. When they ran on 3rd and 5, with 3 timeouts near midfield in first half with under 2 minutes, that was the moment I knew and expected the Badgers would win. PJ has changed, that moment showed it.

Fitting end to an all around bummer of a regular season.

Hopefully Fleck takes a hard look at all aspects of the program and makes some changes. He has done enough here to survive a year like this.....we won't be able to survive multiple seasons like this one.

Going to be a very interesting off season to see what if any changes are made along with what kind of roster movement we see.

One of the worst seasons of Gopher football I've seen since starting in 2010. Even those early Kill seasons were better because it felt like we were getting better little-by-little. This was just boring and painful.
Feels very much like Mason's 2006, except we ended that with 3 wins, beat Iowa and made a bowl game.

PJ’s press conference was nonsense. Other than Brewster he is the shittiest football coach the Gophers have ever had. He caught lightning in a bottle with Kill’s recruits and Mo while he was here and Morgan’s 19 season. Otherwise he’d be at Texas El Paso right now.

To recover from this disaster of a football season, and it was, there will have to be a large turnover in staff along with a transfer revolving door. The freshman recruiting classes have been substandard apparently, it’s not necessarily the record but how it was “achieved”. Bad losses to bad teams, I think PJ’s personality and style make it harder to recover from this type of thing.

Regarding the supposed improvement in recruiting, they really haven’t much as far as a big ten rank. Maybe the overall recruits have a higher number, but different people every year are doing the rating so I don’t think that means much. If you’re rated 11th in 2015, and 10th in 2022 that’s where you are at unfortunately even if the player rating went from 2.87 to 3.04. Just what I think, tough road ahead I think.

P.S. The tackling is back to Mason/Brewster, huge deficiency this year, really frustrating to watch.

Gophers were under-manned and lacked depth, and talent to continue to get stops. When they ran on 3rd and 5, with 3 timeouts near midfield in first half with under 2 minutes, that was the moment I knew and expected the Badgers would win. PJ has changed, that moment showed it.
Yup, same here. Making those choices is a dig of a chicken $hit.

Top Bottom