Post Game Scuffle ??

Only one word to describe turner is *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bag. Look it up in the dictionary and you will see his face.

Tubby absolutely tore Westbrook and Damian a new one on the court after that kerfuffel ended. Don't know if they were responsible or not but as seniors and captains I think he expected more from them. It's as pissed as I've seen him. He was tearing them a new one during the entire postgame rouser.

Turner's wind timeouts were ridiculous. Either he's injured and leaves the game or you get the game moving again.

I imagine Tubby's concern was in part that we've now energized OSU even more for the rematch...not a good thing to do, ever. We need to simply let our play do the talking.

I realize I come from a completely different place and culture than most big time athletes but every player in the NBA, NFL, NCAAB, and NCAAF always seems to need to get the last word in. If anyone saw was watching the Eagles Cowboys game you saw the same thing with Maclin and the Cowboys D-Back(I forgot his name). Most of is utterly rediculous and unneeded. I realize most of it is in the heat of the moment and emotions are running high but this needs to stop before something gets really really ugly.

I realize I come from a completely different place and culture than most big time athletes but every player in the NBA, NFL, NCAAB, and NCAAF always seems to need to get the last word in. If anyone saw was watching the Eagles Cowboys game you saw the same thing with Maclin and the Cowboys D-Back(I forgot his name). Most of is utterly rediculous and unneeded. I realize most of it is in the heat of the moment and emotions are running high but this needs to stop before something gets really really ugly.

All the Gophers' last word had to be was "scoreboard." :clap:

Tubby absolutely tore Westbrook and Damian a new one on the court after that kerfuffel ended. Don't know if they were responsible or not but as seniors and captains I think he expected more from them. It's as pissed as I've seen him. He was tearing them a new one during the entire postgame rouser.

Turner's wind timeouts were ridiculous. Either he's injured and leaves the game or you get the game moving again.

Yeah, that was as angry as I have ever seen Tubby. He was right up in Damian's face during that, though from the BTN game highlights it looked like Nolen was doing a lot of the talking and Damian was holding the players back. Who knows really.

Turner is a great player, but is a punk.

+1000 It is common knowledge that Turner is a major league d-bag. This guy does more trash talking and whining than any player in the league. If tOSU happened to be winning at the end yesterday I'm sure you would have seen him rubbing it in as much as possible to both the Gopher players and fans. He does it all the time. I hope to god the T-wolves don't draft him if they have a shot at him.

At what point in time did 'poor sportsmanship' become a measurement of being competitive?

All this jawing and trash talking is getting old and sometimes ugly.

I was at that game in 1972. Trash talk and very physical play by both sides. As both teams were leaving the floor at halftime, Luke Witte gives our point guard Bobby Nix an elbow to the face worthy of the elbow prowess of Mark Olberding. This happened directly in from of me. I turned to my buddy next to me and said, "Some serious (@#$%) is going to happen by the end of the game." Now I admit that no one deserves what happened to Witte, but he definitely did not play with what would be called good sportsmnship throughout the game and he paid a price.

It was hard to tell how or who started it - from our view, it looked like Turner was instigating, and Westbrook was our guy most involved. Hope to hear the full story later, but it's stuff like this that makes it worthwhile to stick around until after the Rouser! ;)

Tully,

Coach Taylor sent his bullies onto the court in 72 and the refs enabled it. We merely reacted. Our reaction was over the top, of course, but it was bound to happen. I wasn't proud of our Gophers at the time, but I would have been even less proud had they took OSU's elbows and knees and merely rolled over. Luke Witte knows how it all went down. OSU fans should ask him.

Top Bottom