POSITIVE TOP TEN

pinkmartini

Reaction score
Is anyone on this site looking forward to the 2010 Gopher Football Season?

Our home games include USC, OHIO STATE, PENN STATE, IOWA all possible BCS TEAMS.

Remember when we had to sit through 3-4 games against teams we can't remember.

Here is my POSITIVE top ten:

Outdoor tailgating on campus with friends.
Outdoor football against BCS teams.
Saturday Gopher Football that starts in my house before sun up.
Two quarterbacks that have something to prove.
New offensive coordinator that has maturity.
Last years defense best in Gopher memory looking for a continuing improvement.
All those nameless young redshirt players that will be on our lips after the first few games.
Longshot Gophers, what's wrong with a longshot, it pays better.
Sunday mornings when I say to someone, wow what a game.
Win, lose or draw I will be getting my monies worth.

Come and get me negatives, come and get me.

The outlook of another year with an idiot at the helm and a 5-6 season quells any enthusiasm I have for the future.

1. Watching the QB battle and seeing what Gray can do when playing full time
2. Tailgating with friends and fellow fans
3. Singing the rouser after finally scoring on Iowa!
4. Watching how the OL progresses
5. Night games
6. Watching the new defensive starters fly around with the increase in speed
7. Crack blocks
8. 4 big time games at home
9. Seeing what the student section will come up with when kiffin comes
10. Jalepeno poppers

Not looking forward to:
1. Jalepeno poppers the next day

Love this post

While I do take my shots at the program from time to time, there has been far too much negativity lately. This is a timely post to remind us why we're all here (because we love the Gophers).

10. Maroon and Gold fans all over campus (I still can't believe it);
9. Road trip to MSU;
8. Tailgate hopping to see any number of my fellow alumni, friends, and family;
7. Big Ten subs and hot wings (best on campus);
6. The band marching down University Aven.... er, the pre-game rally outside the alumni center (sorry for the negative blip--I just can't let this one go);
5. Pre-game Battle Hymn of the Republic, the Rotating "M", and the drum major's mace toss over the goal post;
4. Second half Pannino's steak and cheese or buffalo chicken sandwich/wrap thingy;
3. Watching my one yr old son cheer during the game and Rouser (and my UMD-grad-wife do the same: suck it Bulldogs!);
2. Despite some difficult games, I love watching Tim Brewster's passionate Gopher players;
1. Outdoor football.

This just reminded me, "damn its good to be a [Gopher]." Hit it Geto boys!

Is anyone on this site looking forward to the 2010 Gopher Football Season?

Our home games include USC, OHIO STATE, PENN STATE, IOWA all possible BCS TEAMS.

Remember when we had to sit through 3-4 games against teams we can't remember.

Here is my POSITIVE top ten:

Outdoor tailgating on campus with friends.
Outdoor football against BCS teams.
Saturday Gopher Football that starts in my house before sun up.
Two quarterbacks that have something to prove.
New offensive coordinator that has maturity.
All those nameless young redshirt players that will be on our lips after the first few games.
Longshot Gophers, what's wrong with a longshot, it pays better.
Sunday mornings when I say to someone, wow what a game.
Win, lose or draw I will be getting my monies worth.

Come and get me negatives, come and get me.

Agree! I would add the victory walk also, my son absolutely loved it. Being a first time season ticket holder last year it was awesome with just the things you listed. I am trying to not be negative but realistic, this program has to show improvement this year being Brews 4th year, say 7, 8 wins. Some keep talking about tough schedules, we can't use that as an excuse Brew has to put up or shut up and I believe he needs a year or two more to show he can do it. Yes, I have been frustrated with this program for years that I have followed them but will never give up my tickets or quit cheering for this team, I'll have to admit when I'm at the games I can Boo with the best of them when they are stinking it up and also try to encourage at the same time, but I will also show and voice my praise when they are doing well that is all a part of being a true fan. I have also read about some who are giving up, not going to watch any more, or giving up there tickets etc. No matter how good or bad it gets with this program I will never become a fair weather fan I am in it for the long haul as I have been for the last 40 yrs. GO GOPHERS!!

Just enjoying outdoor football is almost enough for me..almost.

The game day atmosphere for Air Force-Cal.-Wisc. was soooooooo much better than any game at the dome.

Generally you make good points. Perhaps this makes me negative, but last year's defense wasn't even close to the 99 defense, which is probably the best defense in the past 30 years.

In no particular order...

1. Night games
2. Putting Voo Doo spells on other teams' mascots
3. Bean bag toss and brats in the lots
4. Surly at Sterbs, Summit at Sally's, and Grain Belt everywhere in-between
5. The intro video before each game, always pumps me up
6. The early-morning beer-in-the-shower routine
7. The high-five from a total stranger after a monumental play
8. A sea of people clogging up Oak Street during the victory walk
9. Watching the hard work of our players pay it's dividends
10. Spending quality, memorable time with family and friends

Keanon Cooper
Michael Carter
Shede Hageman
DL Wilhite
Mike Rallis
Troy Stouds
Marquise Gray
Maybe Brooks Michel
Maybe Lamonte Edwards
Definitely Brylee Callender

In which of the 12 games will there be a no decision?

This is what happens when a guy gets all his infomation from Dan Berarrio or (WETF his name is). He hasn't followed the game since the NCAA moved to 12 games/year.

99 Team

I like to think about that team and how a bunch of kids really grew up on defense that year and beat Ohio State in Ohio. I need to see Brewsters vision of a team and I honestly don't believe we've seen it in terms of being physically and mentally ready.

Weight isn't everything but our D-Line this year will be close to NFL Averages. If there is any REAL atheleticism in the front 7 this year, I think we'll see some big improvements. Third down defense needs to become a strength and stopping the run. I believe that we'll see a better overall D next season than we've seen in a while.

99 Team lacked consistent offense as well and if we can find any running game, that will mean the world. I think we lost 2-3 games this past season purely because we had zero running game, at least. If Brewster allows that to happen again this season, I will slide toward the hater group vs. trying to remain neutral.

2010 is all on Brewster. I think many will understand if we don't win the big 10 but we have to be in the race, imo..

Positive starts here

Really appreciate that out there..yes out there are really good Gophers Football Fans. After reading the replys, I think we can take it 100 GREAT REASONS to support GOPHER FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR..............................OUTDOORS

This fan base needs to generate more positivity, the results will come with it. Time for us to do our part!

Top Bottom