Position Group Rankings

JoeCool

Reaction score
In your opinion, which position groups are the strongest for next year, and which are the weakest? Why? Interested to see where we’re at.

Are you sure? This D-Line room is looking nice. I wouldn’t discount the wideouts either.

Strongest:
Running back
Kicker
Quarterback

Strong:
Offensive Line

Unknown:
Everything else

What will the secondary look like is the biggest mystery? How soon and how well do guys contribute?

Wide receivers, d-line... how do we know? Could be great.

Strongest:
Running back
Kicker
Quarterback

Strong:
Offensive Line

Unknown:
Everything else

What will the secondary look like is the biggest mystery? How soon and how well do guys contribute?

Need a huge bounce back from every position group on defense. Walley needs to get back on track, he's easily our most talented defender (IMO) in terms of NFL potential but last year he was really uninspiring compared to previous years.

Strongest:
Running back
Kicker
Quarterback

Strong:
Offensive Line

Unknown:
Everything else

How can you say QB? We have no one that’s played at this level…

Walley needs to get back on track, he's easily our most talented defender (IMO) in terms of NFL potential
I'm not sure I see Walley as an NFL player. He's got neither the size, nor the speed the NFL is looking for in a CB. I think he might be a guy who's just a very good college player?

I'm not sure I see Walley as an NFL player. He's got neither the size, nor the s190peed the NFL is looking for in a CB. I think he might be a guy who's just a very good college player?
Says he was 5-11 185 last yr. I am pretty sure he would be 190 this year. There are many corners that size. especially slot corners.

There is a strong contingent of DE’s returning. Striggow had 6 sacks, and Joyner 7. DT is a bit unknown.

I'm not sure I see Walley as an NFL player. He's got neither the size, nor the speed the NFL is looking for in a CB. I think he might be a guy who's just a very good college player?
I can buy that. I'm the type of person who sees success at the college level translating into NFL potential without considering all of the metrics that the pros take into account nowadays so that's where I was going with it.

Says he was 5-11 185 last yr. I am pretty sure he would be 190 this year. There are many corners that size. especially slot corners.

Which means he'll probably measure 5' 9.5" at the combine, will likely run a pedestrian 4.48 40 & isn't nearly quick enough to play the slot on the NFL, imo. Maybe someone will take him in the 7th round, or as an UDFA? He's a gamer, there's always an outside chance.

This isn't to hate on Walley, I love him as a Gopher. It's just that the NFL is looking for specific size/speed/athleticism traits. That's why a guy who wasn't as productive as Walley like Jalen Myrick (4.28 40) was drafted, while Walley probably won't be.

Just my .02, I hope I'm wrong. It'd be great to have another Gopher in the NFL.

Last edited:

I can buy that. I'm the type of person who sees success at the college level translating into NFL potential without considering all of the metrics that the pros take into account nowadays so that's where I was going with it.

On a side note, I think Cody Lindenberg, Devean Eastern & Jah Joyner (of our defensive players who've played a lot) all have chances to be drafted in the next year or two.

Which means he'll probably measure 5' 9.5" at the combine, will likely run a pedestrian 4.48 40 & isn't nearly quick enough to play the slot on the NFL, imo. Maybe someone will take him in the 7th round, or as an UDFA? He's a gamer, there's always an outside chance.

This isn't to hate on Walley, I love him as a Gopher. It's just that the NFL is looking for specific size/speed/athleticism traits. That's why a guy who wasn't as productive as Walley like Jalen Myrick (4.28 40) was drafted, while Walley probably won't be.

Just my .02, I hope I'm wrong. It'd be great to have another Gopher in the NFL.
Not sure if Walley will get drafted but he will certainly be UDFA on somebody team. The question will be if he's able to stick on a team. I believe he has what it takes to be on a team and hopefully last at least 5 years in the league.

Top Bottom