Portal Announcements

Gopherchase

Reaction score
So, when do we expect these to start? I’m not saying that we are going to have a ton of them from the Gophers just in general. Don’t they start today because a lot of the transfers don’t play in the bowl games?

The portal is open December 4th I read somewhere

So, when do we expect these to start? I’m not saying that we are going to have a ton of them from the Gophers just in general. Don’t they start today because a lot of the transfers don’t play in the bowl games?
@MNVCGUY has a great thread - "Official 2024 Roster Movement Thread - Who's In and Who's Out?" that's a great way to keep up with everything.

We are apparently going bowling, so I expect transfer announcements to come after that game. Might as well take advantage of the extra practices, and potential playing time even if you are planning to transfer.

We are apparently going bowling, so I expect transfer announcements to come after that game. Might as well take advantage of the extra practices, and potential playing time even if you are planning to transfer.

But - if Player X has already decided to transfer, does he opt out of the Bowl to avoid injury?

going by the notion of "The Early Bird gets the worm," a player could decide to opt out of the Bowl and enter the Portal at the first available date. If he waits until after the Bowl, and winds up with a serious injury, that could limit his options for finding a new team.

given the Gophers' depth issues, if they get a few opt-outs for the NFL, and a few more opt-outs for the Portal, they could be scrambling to come up with a team for a bowl game.

No one is gong to stick around and risk injury by playing in some rinky-dink bowl game if they've already decided they're done at Minnesota.

But - if Player X has already decided to transfer, does he opt out of the Bowl to avoid injury?

going by the notion of "The Early Bird gets the worm," a player could decide to opt out of the Bowl and enter the Portal at the first available date. If he waits until after the Bowl, and winds up with a serious injury, that could limit his options for finding a new team.

given the Gophers' depth issues, if they get a few opt-outs for the NFL, and a few more opt-outs for the Portal, they could be scrambling to come up with a team for a bowl game.
-And- presumably the player will want to be recruited, take visits, etc., and be on campus for start of spring semester.

Top Bottom