Poll! - Worst "acceptable" West finish

What is the worst acceptable finish in your mind

• Total voters
In a way Ive always felt losing to BOTH Iowa and Wisconsin is unacceptable. So, that’s that.

The Brohm love isn't aging well.
Disagree
He is still a really good coach.
I used to call him the most overrated coach in the big ten. Now I think he is probably properly rated.

he is a really good coach. They had their season derailed by injuries and a couple of early losses. If Fleck left Minnesota and we could steal Brohm from Purdue, I would be in.
I think Fleck is a better fit at Minnesota and Brohm is a better fit at Purdue. They’re both good coaches.

You rip on Brohm every chance you get but he engineered probably the most impressive, zero to hero seven win season I can think of. Do you agree?
I just realized I never responded to this from a long time ago, but yes...his first year at Purdue was very impressive.

Disagree
He is still a really good coach.
I used to call him the most overrated coach in the big ten. Now I think he is probably properly rated.

he is a really good coach. They had their season derailed by injuries and a couple of early losses. If Fleck left Minnesota and we could steal Brohm from Purdue, I would be in.
I think Fleck is a better fit at Minnesota and Brohm is a better fit at Purdue. They’re both good coaches.

Brohm has yet to show that he is as good a coach as Fleck in my opinion.

Brohm has yet to show that he is as good a coach as Fleck in my opinion.
Brohm has done a really nice job at Purdue.
If they didn’t have injuries I think they probably finish 6-6 this year. They know he is doing a good job. That’s why they paid him.

Brohm has done a really nice job at Purdue.
If they didn’t have injuries I think they probably finish 6-6 this year. They know he is doing a good job. That’s why they paid him.

He's done okay. Yes 7 wins in year one was nice, but 6 last year and 5 at most this year if he can beat in state rival Indiana? While they should have serious weapons at WR next year the schedule is still tough, they play @ BC, and get Memphis and Air Force at home. Brohm has yet to show he can conjure up any kind of running game or defense at Purdue.

Literally the best option given in the poll is the worst possible outcome. ???

Pretty much everyone was in wait and see mode on the Big Ten west this year. I think the team (and PJF) has nicely exceeded most expectations...

I’m not going to read through this entire thread but IIRC from these recent comments some people were really, really upset people were talking up Brohm over PJF. Well, that’s cerainly changed, yeah?

There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging Brohm did some nice things at Purdue his first two years and because of that he’s still ahead on the recruiting tail for 2020. They didn’t ink that ridiculous contract because of his chair smashing ability. I expect PJF will get a nice recruiting bump in 2021 and may still get one in 2020. How good Purdue will be next year and the year after is anyone’s guess - I’d guess at least average. Should be fun to see how the west unfolds the next few years.

Top Bottom