Poll: What is the best football moment of the season so far?

What is your favorite football moment of the season so far?

• Rashod Bateman 1 handed TD catch vs SDSU

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tanner Morgan to Chris Autman-Bell in the corner of the end zone vs Fresno St

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • Antoine Winfield game sealing TD vs Fresno St

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Tyler Johnson 3 TDs vs Georgia Southern, including game winner

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tanner Morgan 21/22, 396yds, 4 TD vs Purdue

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Running game goes off for 332 yards vs Illinois

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Nebraska players wear hoodies pre-game, Gophers embarrass them on the field.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Coney Durr take INT 72 yards for a TD vs Maryland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

To the OP: thanks for starting this thread.

No matter how this season turns out, it has been memorable.

It's absolutely crazy to think back on how much that Fresno State TD matters to where the team is today. If that throw is just a few inches off, if Crab's foot is just a little bigger, who knows what kind of team we'd have today.

If for some reason this team goes on a run in November, that play is the play of the year nationally. All of the other butt-savers in September were reasonable plays but that one was ridiculous on a level that hasn't been talked about enough. And if it doesn't happen, it's a L.

The CAB catch from Morgan in Central Valley desperation time might be my favorite and most amazing Gopher play in my lifetime. We had people over to watch the game and for some reason I did not think the Gophers were up a schitts creek facing that 4th and 12. Perfect execution in what would normally be a tense situation.

Here is to keeping the magic going! [emoji482]

I picked Winfield Jr's INT because it was out of nowhere and it was an unbelievable relief to escape the clutches of defeat with a win there. But the CAB catch was incredible. That was the more important play....as Winfield's play would never have occurred otherwise.

Steamrolling Nebraska. After all the preseason talk it was good to take back the Chair in convincing fashion.

Yup, dominating Nebraska, listening to Frost whine about his soft players.

The Winfield INT

The last time I was that amped for an individual play was Aaron Hill’s fumble recovery against IU in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^

I thought the game was over watching the FSU WR streak into the end zone wide open. Then another Oh My Goodness It’s Winfield moment. This season has had a lot of incredible highlights thus far and plenty of honorable mentions.

That interception was right up with Kirby's 1991 Game 6 home run!

On a lesser note, of course.

The 87 and 91 series were incredible and magical at times. We’re very lucky to have witnessed that as they don’t come around all that often.

The correct answer starts with “3rd-and-30” and ends with a TD.

Illinois losing to Wisconsin was fun.

Nebraska getting pounded by Minnesota was fun.
Nebraska getting pounded by Ohio state was fun.

Individual moment has to be the ga southern catch. Without it, who knows where we are.
Maybe 7-1. But even if 7-1 probably unranked.

When did Illinois lose to Wisconsin?

Top Bottom