Poll Question: Will you watch last 2 games (Reg. Season)?

Will you watch the last 2 games (reg. season)

• Yes

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Only if there is a change in OC

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Only if there is a change in QB

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Only if there is a change in OC & QB

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Only if I have nothing else to do

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I'll watch only if I have nothing else to do and even then most likely would just watch bits and pieces.

I'll watch like always, but the shine has been removed from this season. Maybe I'm just in a depression hangover if that's such a thing, but man o man, I'm dissappointed in the potential not being realized with this team.

No, because whenever I watch, check the score, etc. bad things happen. When I don't, then good things happen. The last two weeks I haven't checked and they still lost, so I'm going with the, "I'm a curse," or, "I cursed the team or caused them bad luck, so they won't win a game the rest of the year because of me." :( So, blame me.

I'll watch even though the shine is off the season as BTchamp mentioned above.

On a side note, I can't help but think Penn State fans are in a similar mood.

I’d rather watch the Gophers choke than not watch and they still choke

The two no votes care so little they will “not” watch the game then complain on here about the decisions they didn’t watch

There isn't going to be an OC change and there is very likely not going to be a QB change so anyone who votes in those categories may as well just vote no. And anyone voting no shouldn't be here in the first place.

Yesterday sucked, losing to Iowa always sucks but it isn't like this is the first time it has happened. We went on the road to Kinnick and had every opportunity to win the game and came up short.

Frankly I was hoping there would be more quitters, because that's a sure way to win back the Axe.

Like a bearish stock trend, if you give up, it will get better when you do.

I gave up and said I would never ever like the Vikings again in 1997. They weren't even that bad that year...fringe playoffs. But it was hard relative to the Packers who were on top at that moment. The next season was their huge 15-1 breakout (yes, I know it was heartbreak in the end).

In 1998 I went over to my "other team" as a little kid - the KC Chiefs. I followed them until the opening of US Bank Stadium, when I gave up on the Chiefs after they went about 25 years with no playoff wins and a bunch of major disappointments. The next year, they draft this kid from Texas Tech named Mahomes and....

If the final straw for you was losing to a top 20 team on the road which we haven't won at since 1999 you should probably turn in your fan cap.

It is weird. As much as I expected the Gophs would lose this game all season, like they do every season at Kinnick, the loss still hurts more than usual. Maybe because the Gophs appeared to be the better team.

It is weird. As much as I expected the Gophs would lose this game all season, like they do every season at Kinnick, the loss still hurts more than usual. Maybe because the Gophs appeared to be the better team.
Also haven't beat a top 20 team on the road since 2000.

I think they probably should have won but I really think the issue is much simpler than some of 10 paragraph posts that have been made. Players/coaches didn't execute in the redzone. The refs making some pretty egregious calls (2 close spots going the other way, non-holding call on the sack, non-targeting on the best defensive player, etc.). The defense missing tackles on the 30 yard touchdown and #0 made a few costly mistakes including the dropped pick and 80 yard touchdown.

All of that leads to close losses on the road to other good teams.

Last edited:

But Johnny - this is year 5 of Fleck. I thought the program was supposed to be beyond the point where the head coach, after losing another rivalry game, actually said in the post-game interview that "we came closer to them this year."

really - year 5 and that's your take-away - "we're getting closer."

when do the Gophers actually catch up to the good teams - 8 years - 10 years - never?

"We came closer to them this year."

Damn - that should be worth another contract extension.

If Fleck came out and said "bleep it, I'm sick of losing games like this," I would feel better about the program.

There isn't going to be an OC change and there is very likely not going to be a QB change so anyone who votes in those categories may as well just vote no. And anyone voting no shouldn't be here in the first place.

Yesterday sucked, losing to Iowa always sucks but it isn't like this is the first time it has happened. We went on the road to Kinnick and had every opportunity to win the game and came up short.
Just when people are losing it, you swoop in with real reason and intelligence. How do you do it?

There are people who post on this forum who aren't going to watch the WI game? LOL

C'mon people. We don't get that much college football. Be annoyed. Complain on here (I'll be right there with you). But you're going to have MONTHS of free Saturdays coming up, watch the damn Axe game.

Of course I’m going to watch. We’ve had some disappointing losses, but the team doesn’t suck. We only get so many fall Saturdays to watch college football each year. Why would I throw one away for the sake of pouting? If watching the Gophers actually ruins your day, then by all means don’t watch, but yesterday’s game was a reason for me to spend time with friends, and we got pizza and drinks afterward. We commiserated about the loss for a bit but still had an enjoyable Saturday night, and I’m not giving all that up just because of some frustrating coaching decisions and failures of execution.

But yeah if watching the Gophers just isn’t fun for you and pisses you off and you recognize that about yourself, then stepping away and doing something else for a change is maybe for the best.

Also haven't beat a top 20 team on the road since 2000.

I think they probably should have won but I really think the issue is much simpler than some of 10 paragraph posts that have been made. Players/coaches didn't execute in the redzone. The refs making some pretty egregious calls (2 close spots going the other way, non-holding call on the sack, non-targeting on the best defensive player, etc.). The defense missing tackles on the 30 yard touchdown and #0 made a few costly mistakes including the dropped pick and 80 yard touchdown.

All of that leads to close losses on the road to other good teams.
Iowa's coaches and players were better prepared to win.

Like a moth to a flame…unfortunately I just can’t turn my head away.

Going 0-2 to finish the season would be fabulous 🙌

Only the WI game. Ill be out of the country for Indiana and only bc I already paid TV thru the season

As much as I’d like to say “only if we fire the OC”, I know I’ll still watch. It’s like a train wreck…just can’t look away.

Iowa's coaches and players were better prepared to win.
No they weren't. The Gophers dominated Iowa for most of the game yesterday, just like they did in 2019.

If you want to gripe about coaching, there were plenty of questionable decisions throughout the game. The Gophers were still well prepared and should have won.

They only play 12 games and it's forever until next year. Of course I'll watch.

I just won't be on the edge of my seat for Indiana like I was yesterday.

As much as I’d like to say “only if we fire the OC”, I know I’ll still watch. It’s like a train wreck…just can’t look away.
I somewhat equate it to taking a dump. You have to look at it before you flush it.

I watched every game of Brewster's first season (1-11) as well as every game of the back-to-back 3-9 seasons spanning the end of Brewster into the Kill era.

Of course I'm going to keep watching. Whether it is a one win season or an 11 win season.....every game is important.

Just curious why folks offered a list of choices shouldn't be here if they choose what others do not? Maybe those two options should not have been offered.

Nah. Didnt really watch the game yesterday as it hasn't been fun.

I'll probably check in here during the WI game to see how it's going.

Top Bottom