Poll!!! - How Good Will Nebraska be this year?

How Good Will Nebraska Be This year?

• Win the Big Ten West (9 or more wins)

• 8-4 plus a bowl game

• 7-5 plus a bowl game

• 6-6 - Frost finally makes a bowl game

• 5-7 - Frost is gone

• 4-8 or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

5 or 6 wins - but if they get hit with some key injuries, I could honestly see 4-8.

If you take away the name and the history, and you put them in generic uniforms, with the same roster and coaches, and the same recent results, you are talking about a middle of the pack MAC team.

The Nebraska program is like a rock band that keeps touring with no new material. it survives on nostalgia, even though the lead singer can't hit the high notes any more.
Yeah I too think .500 is the best expectation for them. If they win a bottom barrel bowl, Frost is around for another year.

Yeah I too think .500 is the best expectation for them. If they win a bottom barrel bowl, Frost is around for another year.
I’m not sure 6-6 gets him survival.

6-6 means they probably beat:
Northwestern,
North Dakota
Georgia southern
Indiana
Illinois
Rutgers

If they don’t get to 6-6 he is definitely fired.
7-5 he is safe (probably)

6-6 probably depends on who they think they have lined up. I think the reason he kept his job last year is that Nebraska clearly didn’t have anyone lined up.

Northwestern,
North Dakota
Georgia southern
Indiana
Illinois
Rutgers

6-6 probably depends on who they think they have lined up. I think the reason he kept his job last year is that Nebraska clearly didn’t have anyone lined up.
You don't think they let him coach the bowl game?

NE has become an itch you have to scratch in the BIG.
Their behavior during the pandemic was so self-righteous and the never-ending whining from their fan base about how mediocre the BIG is and how other conferences ar better.
This despite their not very good conference record.
If I had a vote they would be long gone back to the falling apart B12.

Northwestern,
North Dakota
Georgia southern
Indiana
Illinois
Rutgers

If Frost is fired after 5-7 or say they get a bowl game but say it isn't competitive 6-7 ....

who that is a decent coaching prospect would want the Nebraska job??

You take a prodigal son, natty winner QB, supposedly offensive whiz kid and "won a 'natty' at UCF" Frost ... and he face plants in Lincoln???

How F'ed is that place??

I mean, don't get me wrong, I suppose Craig Bohl might entertain the offer. But geeezzzz ...

If Frost is fired after 5-7 or say they get a bowl game but say it isn't competitive 6-7 ....

who that is a decent coaching prospect would want the Nebraska job??

You take a prodigal son, natty winner QB, supposedly offensive whiz kid and "won a 'natty' at UCF" Frost ... and he face plants in Lincoln???

How F'ed is that place??
486399018.0.jpeg
The Fixer

Well, maybe more realistically, if it's purely a $$$ thing ... the one I'd more worry about, MAYBE, is Matt Campbell.

Would he really take that big a risk of ruining his upward trajectory, in taking a -- sorry, but -- largely laterally move from Iowa St to Nebraska?

I mean, sorry but it kinda is ... at this point.

I don't give a s__t about natty's from the 1990's. Does anyone?? Who isn't already a Neb fan??

Well, maybe more realistically, if it's purely a $$$ thing ... the one I'd more worry about, MAYBE, is Matt Campbell.

Would he really take that big a risk of ruining his upward trajectory, in taking a -- sorry, but -- largely laterally move from Iowa St to Nebraska?

I mean, sorry but it kinda is ... at this point.

I don't give a s__t about natty's from the 1990's. Does anyone?? Who isn't already a Neb fan??
The Nebraska job in 2022 is pretty equally equivalent in terms of distance from history as the Minnesota job in 1987

5 or 6 wins - but if they get hit with some key injuries, I could honestly see 4-8.

If you take away the name and the history, and you put them in generic uniforms, with the same roster and coaches, and the same recent results, you are talking about a middle of the pack MAC team.

The Nebraska program is like a rock band that keeps touring with no new material. it survives on nostalgia, even though the lead singer can't hit the high notes any more.

They're very unlikely to return to anything close to the glories of their past but you can't expect them to be bad forever. They simply care too much for the sport to remain down for the indefinite future; they also have notable deep pocket supporters. Sooner or later, they're going to have winning seasons again so why could this year not be one of them?

Top Bottom