Poll: 5 years in TCF - How many home games have you attended?

How many home games have you attended in TCF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarrenTheGreek

Gov. Victory Bell Ringer
Reaction score
I'll get it started. I've been to 33/35. Missed 2 non-conference games this year due to my son's football game and an out of town wedding. :mad:

3 only because I live in San Diego, but my dad has been to almost every one in my place.

I put 16-20. I went to every game in 2009 and 2010, then moved out of state, so only made one game (Thanksgiving weekend) in 2011 and 2012.

32 of 35 for me! Had three weddings I was in which caused conflicts during the season over the past few years. One was in the Bay Area, so I really couldn't complain too much during that one as it was last years homecoming game against northwestern. Weather was crappy in Minneapolis if I remember correctly.

I have attended every Gopher game ever played at TCF Bank Stadium. The last home game I missed was North Dakota State 2007 for my Aunt's funeral.

Sooner or later another funeral or a wedding will trip me up and when it does... I will be right here on Gopherhole to whine about it.

34/35.

Missed San Jose State. Bad back. Of course missed a great game. Ouch!

Go Gophers! Beat Sparty!

I'm 34/35. I missed the Michigan game last year because I was knocked out with a bad case of the flu.

Go Gophers!!

Let's see:
1 in 2009 (Michigan State)
0 in 2010
3 in 2011 (NDSU, New Mexico State, Wisconsin)
6 in 2012 (missed Purdue)
7 in 2013

So 17.

EVERY one baby! Don't plan on missing a single home day til the day I die.

34 out of 35, I was out of town for a stepbrother's wedding during the Syracuse game last year. Next year I will miss one as well, I am actually going to be a groomsman in MinneStoa's wedding, which I believe he scheduled during the Middle Tennessee game next year.

35 for 35, but I did have to leave early once to take my son to a baseball game.

Actually only been to nine games at TCF, with a 5-4 record. Was living in Boston until 2010, and Chicago after that:

2009: Air Force (W)
2010: Northwestern (L), Iowa (W)
2011: New Mexico State (L), Nebraska (L)
2012: Western Michigan (W), Michigan (L)
2013: Western Illinois (W), Nebraska (W)

Since 2009 I've also been to Michigan (twice), Michigan State, Indiana, Northwestern, and Nebraska.

Have only missed 1 game at the Bank (Northwestern in 2010) thanks to a family wedding I had to be in. Only other home game I have missed since the beginning of the 1994 season was the 2006 PSU game at the Dome for an out of town wedding my wife was in.

I'm perfect so far! Oh, I've also been to all of the games.:cool02:

I'm pretty sure I have been to every home game since the start of the 2004 season, and probably almost half of the road games.

I've missed the following games:

2009: None
2010: Northern Illinois (work trip in San Antonio with a weekend meeting.. !?)
2011: NDSU, Nebraska, Illinois (this year I got married and between wedding costs and buying a house we had to sacrifice season tix. I regret it since we ended up attending 4/7 games anyway)
2012: Western Michigan (2 week work trip in Europe straddled the game)
2013: None

So, 30 (whoops, I clicked 31-34). Damn.

Only game i've missed thus far was Jerry Kill's first win in TCF when Northern Illinois came to town in 2010. My cousin got married that day. (He's a UMN grad and should have known better)

Five (Purdue, Nebraska, So Cal, UNLV and Penn St) over the years. I saw plenty of games at Memorial, and zero at the Dome.

2009 - Missed Michigan St. - family wedding in Chicago; Illinois - nephew's HS football playoff semi back home in SD
2010 - Missed Ohio St. and Iowa - death in the family
2011 - Missed NDAC - in hospital for daughter's birth the night before; Illinois - hosting T-day for out-of-town relatives at my house
2012 - Missed Syracuse - daughter's b-day party in Beckyland
2013 - Missed Iowa - daughter's b-day party in Beckyland

So 27/35. I'm disappointed that I've missed at least one game every year. Barring any surprises, I'm looking forward to perfect attendance for the first time next year.

I'm disappointed that I've missed at least one game every year. Barring any surprises, I'm looking forward to perfect attendance for the first time next year.

Best of luck but my experience is telling me that it gets more difficult as they get older. I have kids ages 9, 7, 3, 1. The 9 year old plays volleyball and the 7 year old plays football. They have games every Saturday through mid-October and then b-ball starts mid-November. Each year gets more and more challenging. Often I'm making them change out of their uniforms and into Gopher gear in the car and we're getting there a couple min after kickoff.

I've probably missed an average of two games a year. Unfortunately that includes Air Force, Iowa II, and Nebraska this year.

Best games I've seen are probably still Iowa I & Michigan State Halloween.

35/35

Best win: Iowa 2010
Best Team Performance: Nebraska 2013
Most Exciting Game/Atmosphere: Michigan St. 2009

I haven't missed a home game since getting season tickets (16th season this year). I think my hubby has missed 1. We even scheduled our wedding and his 2 back surgeries around game day.

Top Bottom