Policy Impact on Season Tickets

I've renewed 4.... but it was a no brainer as the seats are in a "non" donation area. I'd been plenty pleased with them anyway.

Two seats down, or one seat over and across the aisle it may have made a difference as the donation areas begin there. With two kids in college (one at the "U"), completely at my expense ... you know the drill... I did throw the U a bone by adding seatbacks to the bill though @ $45 per.

Daughter already purchased her student season ticket package as well.... usually these had been sold in the fall, but will the full on cash push, they moved it up to April 1.... No student rush on these for football, but if you want to get in on Saturday hockey, you have to jump on a package right away.
------ $270 for every home football and basketball game, and every Saturday hockey game ? That's living!
RAH.

Renewed all 4 in section 245. Avoiding the impact of the new policy, but my group will consider moving elsewhere when it makes economic sense...because we are diehards.

What if more people opt out of their current location to get in the line for no donation seating and that fills up-- do you get your rights back to your old seats? There only appears to be a few thousand no donation seats yet it feels like a lot of people are wanting to move over to the metal bleachers

What if more people opt out of their current location to get in the line for no donation seating and that fills up-- do you get your rights back to your old seats? There only appears to be a few thousand no donation seats yet it feels like a lot of people are wanting to move over to the metal bleachers

I thought about paying the donation this year (ours is actually down $100/seat for this year) and requesting an "upgrade" (would actually be a downgrade) during the renewal process. Upon getting the call, we would be in pretty good shape to get a lower donation area based on our gopher points. We would end up losing the benefit of our donation for this year--in essence--but we thought it'd put us in front of the mad scramble line for cheaper seats. When we looked at 8-11 years (kid sports) of hit and miss Saturdays, we just decided to drop them.

This might be a decent strategy for some of you; as this will be the lowest donation forfeiture you could have and still be able to perhaps lock-in a lower priced seat ahead of the rest.

get your rights back? you decline your seats you go back to the end of the line. when your turn comes up you may purchase seats where they are available.

Renewed all 6 of my season tickets in 103 today. I almost forgot. :eek:

Also, renewed my GLC membership today.

It's on my to-do list to call for renewal today, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. Dropping from 5 to 3, but the whole ticket thing has just made me less interested in the football program in general and I'm tempted to just drop them outright because I'm for sure out next year anyways. I'm not bitter, but my fandom is only stronger than about 99% of Minnesotans (i.e. not a fan at all by the standards on the boards), so it's clear next year the cost/benefit won't work out. It simply won't be worth it to attend Gopher games as opposed to other fun things that cost far less.

IDK man

It's on my to-do list to call for renewal today, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. Dropping from 5 to 3, but the whole ticket thing has just made me less interested in the football program in general and I'm tempted to just drop them outright because I'm for sure out next year anyways. I'm not bitter, but my fandom is only stronger than about 99% of Minnesotans (i.e. not a fan at all by the standards on the boards), so it's clear next year the cost/benefit won't work out. It simply won't be worth it to attend Gopher games as opposed to other fun things that cost far less.

tomorrow is no guarantee. see G51T.

Just renewed our 4 seats in a $250, sorry $450, section.

Just renewed. 2 tickets last year I believe were $570 (I think) now are $990 with donation.
One year at a time. It will be interesting to see how many of my season ticket neighbors will return.
Early returns suggested the renewal rate was strong. Friday is the supposed deadline. Guesses on renewal percentage? I'll say 80%

Damn! With all these people renewing how am I going to improve my location?

People keep getting excited about upgrading seats. I was able to go from last row in an upper deck corner (finally split off from friends and got seats in my own name '10) to row 16 on the 30 yd line upper deck and then row 5 in same section. Then, added 2 more seats (but I had to go back up to row 12); finally, I got down to row 7 of the upper deck all in the $250 donation area.

People could have upgraded this whole time if you're willing to pay more (which I did); now some people are mocking those that dropped about the great seats available. Those people could've had those seats if they were willing to pay. Oh, the irony! They wouldn't pay when it was cheaper, but they'll pay now that it's more expensive. Doh-kay.

Easy Killjoy. Put your money where your mouth is. Pay top dollar and the ticket staff will get you top seats.
No need to look in my section. It's only level 3.

Our entire group cancelled, -8 total, some were > 20 yrs ticketholders. Funny the ticket office mentioned when the Pick A Pack tix go on sale. I may do that offer and save big $$$, especially if they discount one of the non-conf games.

Easy Killjoy. Put your money where your mouth is. Pay top dollar and the ticket staff will get you top seats.
No need to look in my section. It's only level 3.

I didn't say I wanted to move up to a higher priced section. I just want to improve my seats in my present section. I thought that was going to be a cake walk since many here were saying that they were dropping their seats and/or moving to cheaper seats. They were also saying that there was also going to be all kinds of seats available for half price outside the stadium. What is a person to believe? :confused:

They were also saying that there was also going to be all kinds of seats available for half price outside the stadium. What is a person to believe? :confused:

I can almost guarantee you that for at least a couple of the games, you will be able to buy tickets for half price on the secondary market. When I had to sell my old tickets due to conflicts I would take a big loss quite a bit of the time (even last year's Purdue/NW games).

I can almost guarantee you that for at least a couple of the games, you will be able to buy tickets for half price on the secondary market. When I had to sell my old tickets due to conflicts I would take a big loss quite a bit of the time (even last year's Purdue/NW games).

The November games will always be under face-- as much as people love outdoor football-- outdoor and under 40 degrees will keep people from going. I am dropping my 5 tickets which would have been over $3000 in 2017 and picking and choosing which games I go to with which of my kids are available. The downside is no longer having my kids bring their friends when the extras were available

I didn't say I wanted to move up to a higher priced section. I just want to improve my seats in my present section. I thought that was going to be a cake walk since many here were saying that they were dropping their seats and/or moving to cheaper seats. They were also saying that there was also going to be all kinds of seats available for half price outside the stadium. Who is a person to believe? :confused:

Certainly not you..

Certainly not you..

LOL - That what wren said to me when I told him coach Kill was the real thing a few months after he arrived. He then uttered something "It is all about Big Ten wins". But you are right there are very few people here you should believe. Personally, my money is on Dpodoll, Bob L. (What's his name), and Dr.Don.

LOL - That what wren said to me when I told him coach Kill was the real thing a few months after he arrived. He then uttered something "It is all about Big Ten wins". But you are right there are very few people here you should believe. Personally, my money is on Dpodoll, Bob L. (What's his name), and Dr.Don.

I think you forgot Spoofin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure you are right but that is the past. The question we should be asking is the demand for tickets going to change if the Gophers continue to get better? A good sign that could possibly happen was the attendance at the spring game. The attendance was at least as twice as much as last year’s game and the largest for a spring game since that snake oil salesman left for Norte Dame. There seems to be is a lot of momentum an interest in the program. People here may have a difficult time imagining Gopher football tickets being in demand but if it starts moving in that direction, that change in demand will likely happen faster than they think. None of us here can say for sure what is going to happen with demand for Gopher tickets but there sure is likely going to be a lot of variables in play.

I also think that the 2015 Big Ten home schedule for the Gophers has three games that should attract buyers. They are Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Using the relative difference in pricing between each of the games should be a reasonable proxy for ranking the potential demand for each of the games. Please remember, I am not suggesting that the prices these tickets are being offered at is what you would pay somebody selling them around TCF. My only conclusion is that presently the highest demand tickets to the lowest are Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. For the Illinois game there appears to be very little demand. It again appears that Nebraska is the school that really likes to travel. I have also included below the link to the site I used.

http://www.vividseats.com/ncaaf/min...nnesota+gopher+football+schedule&vkid=5083747

Renewed my 4 tickets today in section 3. Already have the TCU date circled on the calendar and cannot believe I have to wait all summer for that game!

Season tickets...

Quite the discussion...too many pages to read...
I will be renewing my 2 tickets and am looking forward to the season. I chalk it up to the cost of competing with the powers in the B10, but understand those that are dropping their tickets. That day may come for me also, but I will move to a lower giving level if need be.
Go Gophers!

A good sign that could possibly happen was the attendance at the spring game.

The attendance at the Spring Game is more a sign of the weather than interest in the program, unfortunately. If it was 40-degrees last Saturday the attendance would have been below 5K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think that the 2015 Big Ten home schedule for the Gophers has three games that should attract buyers. They are Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Using the relative difference in pricing between each of the games should be a reasonable proxy for ranking the potential demand for each of the games. Please remember, I am not suggesting that the prices these tickets are being offered at is what you would pay somebody selling them around TCF. My only conclusion is that presently the highest demand tickets to the lowest are Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. For the Illinois game there appears to be very little demand.

I know those games will be a premium. I may do a pick-your-pack for TCU and one of those games. Will go to a couple others buying off stubhub.

Top Bottom